So glad I didn't get the HTC One X

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you know what you were saying. You said,"By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues." Do you really think every thing you said above flows logically out of that one sentence? Extrapolation must be your hobby.

Looking at the problems others are having with their phones is a smart thing to do before buying a phone. Why have phone reviews and forums if people should ignore them and just buy a phone like you seem to do: "So yeah, sampling size. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a corporation. I buy what I like, and if it has issues I handle it. Either by exchange or rooting/flashing/etc." Funny attitude for a moderator of forums that are there to help others with problems and phone buying decisions.

If you were honest with your self (and with us) you would acknowledge that the HTC One X has far more serious problems than the S III. I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster: What problem does the S III have that is a serious and as much discussed as the HTC One's multitasking issue?

The only two that I can think of are wifi connection issues which is more of a settings issue than anything, and the screen problems with ink blotches when your viewing black screen in the dark. While this one is a stretch, the phone runs kinda hot.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately everyone has to have the best or #1 item so they must develop a rational as to why their item by proxy they are better than everyone else. But we also are social creatures so we will accept those who support our greatness and band together to hate those who challange our greatness.

It is a d*ck measuring contest a sad state of affaris. Oh and the one x. That is ehat i am supposed to say right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lol very well put :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you know what you were saying. You said,"By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues." Do you really think every thing you said above flows logically out of that one sentence? Extrapolation must be your hobby.

Looking at the problems others are having with their phones is a smart thing to do before buying a phone. Why have phone reviews and forums if people should ignore them and just buy a phone like you seem to do: "So yeah, sampling size. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a corporation. I buy what I like, and if it has issues I handle it. Either by exchange or rooting/flashing/etc." Funny attitude for a moderator of forums that are there to help others with problems and phone buying decisions.

If you were honest with your self (and with us) you would acknowledge that the HTC One X has far more serious problems than the S III. I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster: What problem does the S III have that is a serious and as much discussed as the HTC One's multitasking issue?

Yes looking at problems is a good thing to do. So that you know what to look for. Not so you can decide not to get based on just that. Everyone should look at any phone they are considering in person for themselves. Your idea of a major issue might not be the same as mine.

Sorry for not specifying that I meant that I deal with hardware issues if/when they crop up. Look at my post history. All 5500 of them. Now tell me I'm not helpful. You might even find a few where I praise the S3.

Multitasking is discussed because HTC did it. People stopped talking about the poor (in comparison) display because they are just stuck with it. Samsung can't change it or make it better with a software update.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Iamdunne

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted to stir up sh*t I would have posted in the HTC One X forum. As an HTC One X owner why are you here making accusations? Your post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. If there is any feces flinging it's you. I posted to advise others to look at the HTC One X forum to see the problems those owners are having. It makes me happy that I didn't buy that problem prone phone and it's a good source of information for others thinking of buying an HTC One X.

BTW what problem with the S III is as large or heavily discussed as the multitasking issue with the One X?

Calm down. I'm not making accusations . I'm saying all phones have problems, even your precious S3. Not saying the one x is better. It's all subjective. And I could care less about multitasking. Don't need it. Even my 3rd gen iPad reloads at times, not a big deal.

Wtf did you expect to get from this thread. Hi fives and lots of Thanks? Lol. Just relax and enjoy your phone.

Sent from my HTC One X

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Another stupid post. I tried the s3 for 10 days. I returned it for the evo 4g. I love my new evo. The screen is better. I like the feel better. Etc. All phones can and will have complaints and problems. Most people post their problems in forums to help answer questions or to vent. It's all personal opinion here. It's great u love your s3 its a great phone but for me and others we may not like Samsung products or designs etc.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you quite understood what I was saying. By your own logic, if a large majority of a sampling have problems then statistically that device will have problems, which means you should avoid it (instead of trying to get the problem fixed/resolved), right? But if a large majority don't have problems, then get the device, right? But then what if you have problems? You get them fixed right? So I'm not understanding how you think you can have it both ways. Regardless of which phone you get (and if you really base it solely on someone else's experience then I'm sorry) if you have problems you get them taken care of.

Much of that is opinion. Which everyone is entitled to. But you listing your opinion on things and then saying they are fact is a flawed argument.

Here's a FACT: Google is moving away from SD card storage. Google is also moving away from the Home button. Samsung chose to keep those, which flies directly in the face of the direction Android is moving. NOT better for the community.

Not saying the One X is perfect. It has it's own quirks and issues (as do all phones), but pretending that the S3 doesn't is fanboyish at best. Yes, HTC severely limited the multi-tasking (which is how they designed it, really), but I can choose to fix that with custom roms. What I can't do with the S3 is make the screen as good as the one on the One X. So no, not everyone will root, but at least they have a choice to fix a flaw the manufacturer built-in. Buy the S3 and you're stuck with a screen that just isn't as good.

I never stated anything was a fact. Way to stick words into someone's mouth.

AFte having used both devices for good amount of time the S3 is a better device over all. Software and hardware wise. Until the OTA came out HOX couldnt work with my bluetooth system in my car, WiFi couldnt connect with my cell radio working at the same time. It would also randomly drop for no reason as well. That is just some of the bugs that I saw. Was it still a good phone? Sure it was. But the multitasking is god awful on the device too.

There is a reason why they had a high return rate and not to much interest it seems. I'm sure HTC has taken a look at this and will make whatever changes are needed for its next device release. Also Apple's BS US customs issues didn't help either.

The S3 for me worked right out of the box. Little to no bugs. Just wish it had some more character and a better screen. That is one thing that I miss the most.

As for the fact you have given me...Great. I still want a removable battery and expandable memory options. And based on the S3 sales....I think many others agree with me.

Either way I am glad you are enjoying your HTC phone! This round....Sammy just happen to win me over. I had the OG Evo 4G > Evo 3D and the HOX. So I like HTC as a company and know they are able to make a great device! HOX was just not for me.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, from the lack of factual responses it appears no one can cite as serious or as many problems for the S III as there are for the HTC One X. If you are considering an HTC One X read its forum then decide if it's the phone for you. Remember, however the glowing opinions of those stuck with the One X should be taken with a grain of salt

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
to be honest ive heard of far more (returnable) faults with the Htc and some horror storys about their (lack of) customer service so although i prefer the look of the Htc, im glad i have the s3. two monster phones though

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
In before the lock?? Lol, this thread really does need locking, way too much senseless bickering.

@tohio - I'm glad you found the right choice. @ you and everyone else, choices are individual. I have a guy at work with the One X and we always playfully joke about being ready to step "up" to each others phones. We're kidding of course and we are both very happy with our phones and why we chose them. At least we're both on android ;)

Rev.

Reactions: kkapoorr

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
to be honest ive heard of far more (returnable) faults with the Htc and some horror storys about their (lack of) customer service so although i prefer the look of the Htc, im glad i have the s3. two monster phones though

To be fair, there are a ton of stories of HTC repairing and/or replacing phones at service centers. You can Google anything and get a ton of replies, really.

You have to remember, we are but a small percentage of users. We don't have hard return numbers for either phone. Everybody expected the S3 to sell better. After all, it launched on pretty much every major carrier in the world at almost the same time. Kudos to Samsung for that.

What we don't hear from a lot are the people that are perfectly satisfied with their choice. It could be that people with one phone or the other are more vocal about issues, too. HTC has a pretty good reputation for build quality, so anything less than perfect isn't good enough.

Samsung has a reputation for plasticky feeling phones, and materials that don't feel as good in the hand as maybe they should. So people are more forgiving about a small issue here or there. At least I was when I got the S2 last year.

Reactions: Iamdunne

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, from the lack of factual responses it appears no one can cite as serious or as many problems for the S III as there are for the HTC One X. If you are considering an HTC One X read its forum then decide if it's the phone for you. Remember, however the glowing opinions of those stuck with the One X should be taken with a grain of salt

Yes, please, make all your decisions site unseen based totally on what people say about it in forums.

Whatever you do don't go to a store and actually, you know, see these things in person before you make a decision. What bothers one person might not bother someone else. I've seen plenty of "this didn't bother me until I read about it" posts and comments for me to know that not everybody is bothered by the same stuff.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, there are a ton of stories of HTC repairing and/or replacing phones at service centers. You can Google anything and get a ton of replies, really.

You have to remember, we are but a small percentage of users. We don't have hard return numbers for either phone. Everybody expected the S3 to sell better. After all, it launched on pretty much every major carrier in the world at almost the same time. Kudos to Samsung for that.

What we don't hear from a lot are the people that are perfectly satisfied with their choice. It could be that people with one phone or the other are more vocal about issues, too. HTC has a pretty good reputation for build quality, so anything less than perfect isn't good enough.

Samsung has a reputation for plasticky feeling phones, and materials that don't feel as good in the hand as maybe they should. So people are more forgiving about a small issue here or there. At least I was when I got the S2 last year.

maybe its just their service in the UK then mate coz i know two people that had the wifi problem on the oneX and ended up having to sell it coz Htc, the shop and the carrier all blamed each other and none would replace it :( i dont really know anyone with the s3 though so its not a fair comparison

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, please, make all your decisions site unseen based totally on what people say about it in forums.

Whatever you do don't go to a store and actually, you know, see these things in person before you make a decision. What bothers one person might not bother someone else. I've seen plenty of "this didn't bother me until I read about it" posts and comments for me to know that not everybody is bothered by the same stuff.

Here we go again. Who said anything about not looking at a phone in person? That is a step in the decision making process. But if you buy a phone simply by looking at it in the store you really haven't done due diligence in your decision making process (which seem to be your approach). Why on earth would you not look at a device forum before making a purchase to see what problems others may be having with their product? Expressing my relief at not buying an HTC One X and advising people to read the HTC One X Forum before making a purchase was the only point of my original post. Your multiple non sequitur paragraphs has added nothing to the discussion in my opinion. Again, no one has factually refuted the premise that the HTC One X suffers from more problem issues than the S III and therefore the Samsung Galaxy S III is a more trouble free phone and is a better device for the average user.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I was very happy the day I got to put the Galaxy S III back in the box and get it out of my house.

The lock screen is busted if you use a PIN
The CPU pegs and drains the battery randomly
Wifi was weak and dropped all the time
No text reflow in the browser
Calendar reminders are broken
Haptic feedback is broken
Poor implementation of Bluetooth
Weird icon shift/stutter when you close big apps

I stopped looking or caring after that. Every phone is different, but the GSIII was not usable for my needs.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I was very happy the day I got to put the Galaxy S III back in the box and get it out of my house.

I stopped looking or caring after that. Every phone is different, but the GSIII was not usable for my needs.

among the other things, what was "broken" about the haptic feedback man?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are considering an HTC One X read its forum then decide if it's the phone for you.

Your steps for deciding on the One X.

And no, I don't read forums about everything before I buy it. I, and many others, can make some buying decisions without reading forums. I wonder how many people start accounts here specifically because they encountered a problem with the shiny new phone they just bought.

Reactions: adamtalife

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Funny thread. There could be a few reasons why their forum has more complaints

1. Maybe the users over there are bigger whiners and complainers and expect more from HTC devices the Samsung users already use to the same Samsung issues as previous devices.

2. Their device was out sooner so they got a jump on complaints and after a few months are dealing with some issues we could face in a month or so

3. They really don't have more complaints or worst just an exaggeration by the OP.

I'm only kidding but at the end of the day I'll next rate which device is better by OTHERS' experience. Only my own.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was very happy the day I got to put the Galaxy S3 back in the box and get it out of my house.

To be honest, once you became an apologist for the HTC One X I haven't given much credence to your posts. Your article about multitasking in which you stated the problem was by design therefore not an issue was ridiculed by a multitude of posters in that thread. Strange that the person who defended the HTC One X's multitasking issue has so many problems with a Galaxy S III. Hmmmmmm........... BTW, did you return the phone from hell for another?

Reactions: the1m.polo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63