So glad I didn't get the HTC One X

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, once you became an apologist for the HTC One X I haven't given much credence to your posts. Your article about multitasking in which you stated the problem was by design therefore not an issue was ridiculed by a multitude of posters in that thread. Strange that the person who defended the HTC One X's multitasking issue has so many problems with a Galaxy S3. Hmmmmmm........... BTW, did you return the phone from hell for another?

That's fine. There's no need to worry about what I say. But at least get it right -- multitasking was done that way by design. It wasn't "broken" and all people had to do was not buy it. The minute you ask people to take responsibility for their own actions, they get defensive. No sweat off my back -- I buy what I like, not what I don't and cry later. In the end, I defended the concept of open-source instead of the childish rantings of people that weren't forced to buy it or keep it longer than 14 days.

There was no use returning the GSIII because of issues that they all have. If you can deal with those bugs, have at it. I can't, and won't, so I took my own advice and won't use it. Remember, I don't have to like what you like.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
jerry is there a diffence between bugs on the international and US variants? judging by this forum there seems to be a difference in the gorilla glass quality. is there any way thats physicly possible?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
jerry is there a diffence between bugs on the international and US variants? judging by this forum there seems to be a difference in the gorilla glass quality. is there any way thats physicly possible?

Very well could be. They had to make changes for the different internals, so they had opportunity to tweak anything they felt needed tweaking.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's fine. There's no need to worry about what I say. But at least get it right -- multitasking was done that way by design. It wasn't "broken" and all people had to do was not buy it. The minute you ask people to take responsibility for their own actions, they get defensive. No sweat off my back -- I buy what I like, not what I don't and cry later. In the end, I defended the concept of open-source instead of the childish rantings of people that weren't forced to buy it or keep it longer than 14 days.

There was no use returning the GSIII because of issues that they all have. If you can deal with those bugs, have at it. I can't, and won't, so I took my own advice and won't use it. Remember, I don't have to like what you like.

Jerry, this is why I have a problem with your veracity:

"Samsung has a pretty good handle on their TouchWiz operating system, and whether you love it or hate it you can't deny it's feature rich and runs pretty damn well on the SGSIII's blazing hardware."

"The Galaxy S III is sure to impress us even more with the new features and polish that comes with Jelly Bean. We'll keep an eye on this one closely."
Jerry Hildenbrand July 22, 2012
Internet rumor mill says Jelly Bean coming to Samsung Galaxy S III 'soon' | Android Central

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah that would explain different software bug experiences. what about the glass? people seem to be having vastly different experiences with scratches etc

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Jerry, this is why I have a problem with your veracity:

"Samsung has a pretty good handle on their TouchWiz operating system, and whether you love it or hate it you can't deny it's feature rich and runs pretty damn well on the SGSIII's blazing hardware."

"The Galaxy S3 is sure to impress us even more with the new features and polish that comes with Jelly Bean. We'll keep an eye on this one closely."
Jerry Hildenbrand July 22, 2012
Internet rumor mill says Jelly Bean coming to Samsung Galaxy S3 'soon' | Android Central

You think it doesn't run well on the hardware? I thought you were talking about bugs here. All phones have em. We have to decide which ones we can live with.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? The heptic feedback not sticking after a reboot issue in the tread you provided was mentioned three times. Two of the mentions were in quotes of the original post. Known, widespread issue? Good Lord.

Ok. One instance in three seconds worth of work. In one minute he'd have 20 instances, right?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i gota admit. coming from rooted divices in the past with stock android roms and never having owned a samsung, the thought of touchwiz worried me a bit, especialy since i plan to keep the s3 a "virgin" until the guarantee runs out (i payed ?600 for this puppy) but once you get past the ugliness of it and put a launcher on it, its pretty functional and seems to add more than it takes away from ICS (im not including most of the daft gimmicky features that came with "Nature"). having said that ive never lived with Sense.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Praise the phone in the main site and trash it on the forum. Credibility strike 3.

Wait -- do you want to talk bugs, or what phone Jerry likes?

I pointed out a laundry list of bugs in a phone you claim has none. No need to get offended. After all, you certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with your original post, right?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait -- do you want to talk bugs, or what phone Jerry likes?

I pointed out a laundry list of bugs in a phone you claim has none. No need to get offended. After all, you certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with your original post, right?

Please point out where I said any phone was free of bugs. Misrepresenting what people say is about as lazy as you can get in a discussion. If I meant to offend anyone in my original post I would have posted to the HTC One X forum.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not doing the work for you. I don't own the phone, but I'm assuming you do. If you would like to know what bugs your phone could potentially have maybe you should read the forums. :)

Sorry, I misunderstood. You seemed to like defending Jerry. I thought you might want to look up something to repair his credibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey