So glad I didn't get the HTC One X

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're missing local search, get Google Gesture Search.

i still have local search coz i have the international. Gesture Search lol. i forgot about that. its really good for finding contacts while drunk lol. did that ever come out of "labs" mate?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Heh...for me it's not if, but when--whether I do it as soon as the box is opened or if I wait until after dinner :).

See.. I'm torn. For years all I did was root my phones/rom them..

...but for some reason, with my SG3 and 1X, I get this comfort feeling now with a stock phone, like I know and trust the manufacturers to send out an update that wont bork my device up.

Besides, it seems ROM's for devices like the DroidX or Atrix, etc seem more fleshed out than a CM10 rom for the SG3/1X.

Am I nuts?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

...but for some reason, with my SG3 and 1X, I get this comfort feeling now with a stock phone, like I know and trust the manufacturers to send out an update that wont bork my device up.

Am I nuts?

nah i know what u mean man. i used to flash to make a phone perform like something far more expensive but with the s3 i really dont feel the need.... yet ;)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Besides, it seems ROM's for devices like the DroidX or Atrix, etc seem more fleshed out than a CM10 rom for the SG3/1X.

Am I nuts?

Nah. The grass is always greener, unless you live in Kentucky. Make of that what you will...

lol ive been like that with every phone in the past but i bought this thing for ?600 ($940) lol. really wana keep it under guarantee :)

I hear that. That's what fastboot is for, though :)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Years ago, the skins manufacturers used were pretty ugly compared to stock Android, so the moment you get these devices, you root/rom/theme to make them less ugly.

Now it seems the UI's are onpar or superior to stock Android and in some cases offer more features.

It's a trade off, but we're now waay off topic. lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Years ago, the skins manufacturers used were pretty ugly compared to stock Android, so the moment you get these devices, you root/rom/theme to make them less ugly.

Now it seems the UI's are onpar or superior to stock Android and in some cases offer more features.

It's a trade off, but we're now waay off topic. lol

Let's be real, rooting beats the old topic 10 times out of 10 :).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah and i mostly flashed to be able to overclock. Zte Blade was a classic example of a phone that could perform like one twice its price :) lol this thread went off topic pages ago.. love it :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to everyone in this thread for assisting me in surviving another friday at work. As a Maxx owner, and a completely unbiased reader, Tohio (I think that was his name) got straight up fleeced by the mods. But he did put forth a very valiant effort that I applaud. Although your arguments were super weak, it entertained me and there's something to be said for not bowing out without a fight.

+1 for Android Central Forums!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to everyone in this thread for assisting me in surviving another friday at work. As a Maxx owner, and a completely unbiased reader, Tohio (I think that was his name) got straight up fleeced by the mods. But he did put forth a very valiant effort that I applaud. Although your arguments were super weak, it entertained me and there's something to be said for not bowing out without a fight.

+1 for Android Central Forums!

lol yeah i actualy read again from the start and its nearly as entertaining as the "females with androids" post :) class

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't anyone considering buying anything read the forums on it? You did say that you base you buying decision on what is said on the forums, and definitely implied that you didn't get the One X because of the problems people were reporting in the forums.

Furthermore, my first two replies were just illustrating the point that all phones have bugs. And you never answered my questions, which bugs in particular made you definitely not want a One X before even seeing one in person?

A quote from you below should help make this post irrelevant.

Wait for it....

Wait for it.... this is where your "facts" start to fall apart.

BOOM!!! I didn't even need to say it. Other members ARE paying attention.

Don't think you ever did this.

Lulz at you wanting people to believe that a site posted an article with the wrong year. You want us to believe that instead of just thinking you're wrong.

People believe "third party" sources all the time. You do read Android Central right? Third party source.

Thank you.

THIS.

Isn't a black screen on AMOLED the same as being off? :p

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really enjoying this thread. Having a great discussion with (some) people that want to learn. This is what I love about our forums.

Yada yada yada. Still riding that date train huh? What a croc.

Where is the Samsung cite that says they are responsible for burn in.

Where is the cite that I said the S III has no bugs?

You are the fail master. When you can stop dissembling and answer these questions then you can play with the big boys.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to be insulting, but anyone talking about screen burn in on a phone is just plain bs'ing. The phone screen doesn't stay on for hours at a time on one screen like a PC that is sitting at a log on screen with the screen saver turned off. Plus we rotate our screens between portrait and landscape, I know I do. This burn in thing is the stupidest argument defense I've ever seen for a phone.

Rev.

While I don't think it's a big enough issue to worry about, it does happen, my SGS i9000M had burn in on the notifications area only. Annoyed me once I saw it.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yada yada yada. Still riding that date train huh? What a croc.

Where is the Samsung cite that says they are responsible for burn in.

Where is the cite that I said the S III has no bugs?

You are the fail master. When you can stop dissembling and answer these questions then you can play with the big boys.

Oh my god, dude, give it up. It was mildly entertaining the first few pages but at this point I think you are just doing some obtuse internet performance art. Enough.

Now, I think I need to find the chicks with Android phones thread, to see what people think of me lol. Is it so odd that chicks can dig tech?

Reactions: kkapoorr

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god, dude, give it up. It was mildly entertaining the first few pages but at this point I think you are just doing some obtuse internet performance art. Enough.

Now, I think I need to find the chicks with Android phones thread, to see what people think of me lol. Is it so odd that chicks can dig tech?

no we just expect u all to be ugly :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark