So often the wifi signal is weak,even if i am a few feet from the router. The cell reception is weak even if i am a few buildings away from a cell antenna. It doesnt drop calls though, once a week or so.

Im using a transparent flexcase. So any tips on amplifying the signal? By the way if im oitta the city (in the countryside) the signal is very weak, unlike on my old non-smartphone.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-16-2012 07:38 AM
    So often the wifi signal is weak,even if i am a few feet from the router. The cell reception is weak even if i am a few buildings away from a cell antenna. It doesnt drop calls though, once a week or so.

Im using a transparent flexcase. So any tips on amplifying the signal? By the way if im oitta the city (in the countryside) the signal is very weak, unlike on my old non-smartphone.

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion would be to 1) factory reset (although I doubt this will help)

2) return and exchange your phone.

I was having lots of dropped calls with my GS3 and my carrier recommended I return the device as they were not aware of any issues for the device. The new one has not dropped a single call.
    08-16-2012 08:06 AM
    I dont have dropped calls, yet. I have it for a week now. But i havent left the city. Im more concerned about the wifi and cell reception. Not the dropped calls. Thanks though. I appreciate your help.

Btw i live in bulgaria, and cell reception is quite worse than in the US. There is also no 4G. :x

08-16-2012 09:00 AM
    I dont have dropped calls, yet. I have it for a week now. But i havent left the city. Im more concerned about the wifi and cell reception. Not the dropped calls. Thanks though. I appreciate your help.

Btw i live in bulgaria, and cell reception is quite worse than in the US. There is also no 4G. :x

I'm also going to bulgaria and curious how the cell reception will be there. do you have any troubles with connecting to wifi hotspots?
    08-16-2012 09:45 AM
    Nah, at least the wifi here is good :-D . When are you coming if you want we can meet to exchange experience ;-)

08-16-2012 11:12 AM
    been using an international S3 since June 5th and i cant recall a single dropped call. you should return the device and get a new one
    08-16-2012 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD