11-26-2016 01:59 AM
43 12
tools
    That was fantastic! So easy! Thanks for sharing that info.
    08-19-2013 07:29 AM
    I had the same issue. Bring up the clipboard in a text message and press 'edit' on the right side. It will give you the option to delete or lock any note. Once you're finifhed editing, just press 'done' and you've edited your clipboard. Good luck!
    09-05-2013 10:15 PM
    Thanks... Good to know.. I guess I was just used to the buffer always just having the last thing in it - so you could always either "copy" - something new - or "paste" whatever was last in there.. now, every time I want to copy something, I have to delete or clear/whatever - what was already in there.. but - I can see how it can be beneficial also.. in the past you could always keep pasting - until you did your next "copy" - pretty much like windows I guess! anyway, thanks again!
    09-08-2013 10:55 PM
    now, every time I want to copy something, I have to delete or clear/whatever - what was already in there.
    Um, no - you don't have to clear anything out of the clipboard - just simply "copy" the new material and "paste" it wherever you want it. The old material still stays in the clipboard until you clear it manually (or until the clipboard gets full, but I don't know what that limitation is).

The only annoyances that I've found are:
    - if I want to paste the last thing I copied more than once, I have lousy luck with getting the "Paste" prompt to show up again - seems like I usually have to go back and copy the source again
    - the "Clipboard" prompt only shows up under limited circumstances, so if I want to paste something that I know is still in the clipboard, it's rare that I can get it to show up

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-09-2013 12:04 AM
    Try this:
    Open a new, empty text message
    Press and hold on the message area until Paste/Clipboard icon pops up
    Press on the Clipboard option
    All clipboard messages will pop up
    Press and hold on the message you want to delete...the option to delete, etc., will pop up
    Press your choice
    My phone gives the option to clear all contents, some phones don't; so you may have to delete one at a time.
    04-24-2014 03:41 PM
    md0600 had a post how to. It worked just like he said. Thanks
    07-16-2014 10:30 PM
    That only works for your SCHR, I know I had one. It does NOT work for HTC because you NEVER get the clipboard option. Instead of thinking ppl are foolish, you should know, NOT ALL PHONES WORK THE SAME!!
    04-08-2015 09:33 PM
    get an app called history eraser
    Ok thanks
    04-13-2015 04:49 PM
    Or, if this is for passwords, use Keepass2Android Password Safe. It clears the password after about a minute. (You can also keep the password file [it's very heavily encrypted] in the cloud and use the same file for your phone, laptop, desktop, etc. Make a change on one and it'll be there on all the others.)
    04-13-2015 11:06 PM
    thank you. I had gone to the messaging and cleared my clip board. once again thank you
    05-23-2015 12:55 AM
    you are clever!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw all the things in my clipboard and it was a loooooooooooooot! now i was able to erase all of it! thank you so much!
    09-25-2015 01:05 PM
    Hi, you go to your message area (text area) and long press and choose clip tray then all the copied items will come out from there you see an icon on top keylock and trash or delete icon, choose delete and check on the box whatever you want ro delete or you can select all and press delete icon and wallaaaa your problems solved!
    03-14-2016 10:33 PM
    This is very frustrating. So far, nobody has posted a solution that works. I need to clear the clipboard, plain and simple. Something is on the clipboard. I want the clipboard to be blank. That is, if I hold my finger on the screen, I don't want the "Paste" to appear, meaning something is still on the clipboard. Is there no way to just clear the clipboard? I've tried holding on a blank space, but you are not given the option, then, to copy nothing, obviously. If you know how to clear the clipboard, please help me out, here. I'm on a S 3.

The way I do it is go into my "Memo" app and long press some blank space like you are going to paste some copied text. When the box pops up hit the "clipboard" option which will take you to your clipboard. From there you can delete all saved entries.
    03-16-2016 09:30 PM
    This is the best and easiest explanation on how to resolve this issue.
    04-19-2016 05:40 AM
    This worked perfectly for me. I went to my email to compose and did it.

Thank you.
    06-18-2016 02:24 AM
    You instructions were very helpful
    Thanks
    Dimitris
    08-10-2016 08:41 AM
    To delete anything from clipboard, go to the messaging (because there you are able to paste any kind of file), hold you finger on the text entry bar and select clipboard, now hold your finger on the file or text you want to delete, and just simply select the "Delete from clipboard" Tadaa!
    -Samsung Galaxy S2 4.0.4 Sandwich
    does not work
    Wow
    11-25-2016 06:09 PM
    For people who are still having issues with this, and who have the simple clipboard feature that only remembers the last thing you copied: the easiest way to get rid of the previously copied item to the clipboard is to copy something else to the clipboard. This will automatically get rid of what was copied there previously, because the basic clipboard function will only remember the last thing you copied.

If you don't want anything at all in the clipboard, then try typing 3 or 4 blank spaces in a text field, then select those spaces (just like you would a word), and select Copy. This will copy the blank spaces to the clipboard. Anyone who tried to paste what's in the clipboard would just be pasting a few spaces.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2016 01:59 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD