Any way to clear contents of clipboard?

leftyman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I use awallet password keeper which unfortunately gives you the option to copy passwords to the clipboard, and which I have accidentally used a couple of times.

I managed to disable this "feature" on awallet but now want to clear that information off the clipboard, any ideas?

md0600

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Start a new text, long press in text entry area, it should give you an option for clipboard. Long press on the items and select delete should work.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: leftyman

jr 234

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any way to clear contents of clipboard on Galaxy S 3?

This is very frustrating. So far, nobody has posted a solution that works. I need to clear the clipboard, plain and simple. Something is on the clipboard. I want the clipboard to be blank. That is, if I hold my finger on the screen, I don't want the "Paste" to appear, meaning something is still on the clipboard. Is there no way to just clear the clipboard? I've tried holding on a blank space, but you are not given the option, then, to copy nothing, obviously. If you know how to clear the clipboard, please help me out, here. I'm on a Galaxy S 3.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The standard clipboard only has one slot--just copy something else and the original is gone. Or look on Google Play for an app called Clipper or Clipper Plus. It allows you to have multiple items and choose which one to paste AND it DOES allow you to delete all entries.

flipflops72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
In a text message, email, or wherever you can pull up your keyboard, press and hold the microphone. You will see 4 icons: mic, handwriting, clipboard, and settings. Click on the clipboard and delete all.

Luani32

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This is very frustrating. So far, nobody has posted a solution that works. I need to clear the clipboard, plain and simple. Something is on the clipboard. I want the clipboard to be blank. That is, if I hold my finger on the screen, I don't want the "Paste" to appear, meaning something is still on the clipboard. Is there no way to just clear the clipboard? I've tried holding on a blank space, but you are not given the option, then, to copy nothing, obviously. If you know how to clear the clipboard, please help me out, here. I'm on a Galaxy S 3.

On your keyboard tap & hold d message box get d clipboard. Go to each message on your clipboard & tap hold each message. A box will pop with choices of what u want to do with d message. Choose delete d message. You repeat this with each message.

Last edited by a moderator:

CLK_320_SportsCoupe

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

What you talk about the solution was given long time from but perhabs not good enough I see your point of view lol
md0600 the 08-16-2012, 11:35 AM #2
Quote " Start a new text, long press in text entry area, it should give you an option for clipboard. Long press on the items and select delete should work.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2"

I will try to explain as you know nothing and that is the problem here people remember when people ask for help is because they do not know and
not one has mentioned one needs to push the blimking cursor on the text field, but do like this:
start a sms, after that you need to put 1 letter in the text field for the options Paste / Clipboard just write like
an a any letter, then you press on the blinking cursor this will give you 2 options, Paste or Clipboard, choose clipboard
then all the saved stuff will pop up and you can delete them one by one by long time press on each text, pic what ever you got in the memory.

Hope this helps mate..

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work with Handsent. You will not get the clipboard option. You can get to the clipboard in Memo, but you can't delete pictures of the clipboard, only text. .....at least with a S2 Skyrocket running 4.04. I had to use Messaging to make the deletions. There was a ton of stuff on there that I didn't even know about. Hopefully there will be a way to clear the whole clipboard all at once.

Davidnz

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Hi there, I've lost my clipboard on my s3!!! when I touch "clipboard" on the screen nothing happens?? How can I restore my clipboard???

Lynx3r

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

To delete anything from clipboard, go to the messaging (because there you are able to paste any kind of file), hold you finger on the text entry bar and select clipboard, now hold your finger on the file or text you want to delete, and just simply select the "Delete from clipboard" Tadaa!
-Samsung Galaxy S2 4.0.4 Sandwich

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Will a reboot (power down and restart) clear the clipboard, or is that data stored on the internal SD card?

anoop mohan

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
1.just take sms option-
2. type one letter on sms
3. you see pointer is blinking..
3. hold u r finger..
4. u see 4 option..
5. hold on clipboard..
6. now u can remove clipboard history...

koko4u

May 30, 2013
Visit site
You have to go open up a text, hold down on so clipboard will pop up, than hold down on pic/text and it should pop up to delete it...i could only delete pics this way...and samsung galaxy holds more than one item in the clipboard f.y.i for the ppl saying just copy something else

maggieo

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
On my charge, I could "copy and paste" , "copy and paste" etc - on my Galaxy S4, I copy and paste but the next time I want to copy something I "long press" or whatever to get my test selected, but then I can't "copy" until I clear the clipboard.. Then I can "copy" again - but this happens every time - or maybe now I see that after 20 items or something - and I did just follow someone's advice to clear it all - but can I make it only save one "copy" at a time so I can go back to "copy and paste" , "copy and paste" and never have to clear? Also - while I'm asking - in emails I have trouble getting able to select all or parts of a message... some places it highlights what it wants - but at least I can "select all" and then do copy - is there any chance of "dragging" your finger to highlight an amount of txt?? Thanks much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon