First Test Jelly Bean Firmware for SG3 is here

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Noob questions, but :

By firmware does it mean that this is a leak from Samsung rather than a developer/hacker? Does this mean Samsung is definitely working on bringing JB to the s3?

What, if anything, does this mean for the timeline? How long after the first firmware leak did ICS come to the S2 for example.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it means it should be released pretty soon BUT only on the international versions. once samsung have it working on the US versions, the carriers will want to mess around with it and test it. its a good sign but dont hold your breath my american brothers n sisters

Reactions: Splange

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Before people get excited... for those in North America it will probably still take time for the update to make their way thru each of the carriers.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Before people get excited... for those in North America it will probably still take time for the update to make their way thru each of the carriers.

I know. It's annoying but I don't really have trouble waiting. I'm new to android and love the phone as it is. If it's out by Christmas I'll be happy.

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Noob questions, but :

By firmware does it mean that this is a leak from Samsung rather than a developer/hacker? Does this mean Samsung is definitely working on bringing JB to the s3?

What, if anything, does this mean for the timeline? How long after the first firmware leak did ICS come to the S2 for example.

To answer your question about how long it took for ICS after the first leak on the S2, it took about 5 months.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski