How bright is bad?

bonsly16

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got my S3 I've always put it in the highest brightness setting possible. Now I wonder if that will affect somehow the screen negatively. I know the screen that Samsung uses has a long lifespan before its "grandeur" starts to lessen. Nevertheless, I still fear that how bright I put may quicken that lifespan. Is the brightness setting possibly a factor in how long the screen can retain its "100% beauty"?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a launch GNex and it's at full all the time (10-12hrs/day) unless I'm home - 9mos later & no sign of having a negative effect.
It does however require me to switch batteries in the middle of the afternoon but that's an inconvenience I'm willing to deal with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Seriously doubt it will negatively affect the display in the 2 years you'll have it. I wouldn't worry about it. However, 100% is really bright, how can you deal with that? I only use full brightness for watching movies. Otherwise I am at 50%. Do you use yours outside in full sun often? If so I guess I can understand then.

Rev.

bonsly16

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not overwhelmingly bright for me but I do lessen it at night. I guess I shouldn't worry about it much but I guess putting it lower wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: bsannes

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont know if theres a difference between the US and international s3 in terms of brightnes or if its just the different climates but im usualy at about 10% during the day and less at night. i just think it looks a lot nicer that way. i really wish we had enough sunshine to need 100% though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair