Galaxy S III Keeps charging from H+ to LTE

ZiiC

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. So I have a Samsung Galaxy S III running android ice cream sandwich. I'm on the Bell network. Now up in my notification bar it normally says "H+". Recently I noticed it changed to "LTE". So that was all fine and dandy but it keeps changing from LTE to H+ and back. I'm just wondering why.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Keeps charging from H+ to LTE

H+ means HSPA+, its a fast form of 3g. LTE is 4g and much much faster

This is correct - keep in mind, however, that carriers have tried to confuse the hell out of everyone and lie about this. While H+ (HSPA+) is an upgraded form of 3G, they call it 4G because it's faster than normal 3G. However, true 4G is only LTE (or WiMax).

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have a consistent LTE signal I would turn off LTE. That switching back and forth is gonna be draining your battery...

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
So,how do you switch that off and just get H+?
My s3 is constantly changing between H+ to H then to 3g. Im in the UK so i dont get the LTE

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My s3 is constantly changing between H+ to H then to 3g. Im in the UK so i dont get the LTE

now that is strange man lol. we havent even started rolling out 4g in UK and UK version of s3 isnt capable of recieving it! have u got a US version? whats the model code?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry i thought u wer the first guy m8. its just ur signal jumping up and down. speeds from slowest to fastest are G, E 3G, H, H+. my H+ actualy seems slower than my H so wish i could switch off the H+ but havent found a way

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow this is why I love browsing forums. I just got this phone on Monday and I notice the battery drains very quickly. I'm constantly switching btwn 4G and LTE. I don't really care for LTE speeds. Coming from BlackBerry anything else is lightening fast. So will switching it to hspa/4g - will that help out my battery life more?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
On some North American S3's you can turn off LTE through the settings.

If you're on a carrier like AT&T that restricts those settings (you don't even see the options) you will need to use a method like this to change it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...isable-lte-t-s3-you-can-disable-hspa-too.html

funky you can probably use this method on your international version as well and pick which band you want to use.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nice one man but the international doesnt have Lte, just 2g and 3g. i want hsdpa 3g but not hspa+ 3g so i doubt if thats possible.
i dont know why my H is faster than my H+ but im guessing more of the towers H+ bandwidth is maybe being used by 3g dongles?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Keeps charging from H+ to LTE

nice one man but the international doesnt have Lte, just 2g and 3g. i want hsdpa 3g but not hspa+ 3g so i doubt if thats possible.
i dont know why my H is faster than my H+ but im guessing more of the towers H+ bandwidth is maybe being used by 3g dongles?

You won't know what's possible unless you try it. You probably don't even need the SIM trick with international, actually. Just dial *#2262# and see what options you get.

Vee_G

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Telus and I switched the settings to HSPA+/"4G" only and my battery life has already improved drastically. Yesterday I was able to get through the entire day on just one charge. Thank you very much for the tip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay