Hey everyone. So I have a Samsung Galaxy S III running android ice cream sandwich. I'm on the Bell network. Now up in my notification bar it normally says "H+". Recently I noticed it changed to "LTE". So that was all fine and dandy but it keeps changing from LTE to H+ and back. I'm just wondering why.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    08-16-2012 11:27 PM
    its prob just a weak LTE signal mate. just be thankful you gnt some LTE
    08-16-2012 11:30 PM
    What exactly is the difference between H+ and LTE?
    08-16-2012 11:36 PM
    H+ means HSPA+, its a fast form of 3g. LTE is 4g and much much faster
    08-16-2012 11:41 PM
    H+ means HSPA+, its a fast form of 3g. LTE is 4g and much much faster
    This is correct - keep in mind, however, that carriers have tried to confuse the hell out of everyone and lie about this. While H+ (HSPA+) is an upgraded form of 3G, they call it 4G because it's faster than normal 3G. However, true 4G is only LTE (or WiMax).
    08-17-2012 08:57 AM
    If you don't have a consistent LTE signal I would turn off LTE. That switching back and forth is gonna be draining your battery...
    08-17-2012 09:02 AM
    So,how do you switch that off and just get H+?
    My s3 is constantly changing between H+ to H then to 3g. Im in the UK so i dont get the LTE
    08-17-2012 10:28 AM
    My s3 is constantly changing between H+ to H then to 3g. Im in the UK so i dont get the LTE
    now that is strange man lol. we havent even started rolling out 4g in UK and UK version of s3 isnt capable of recieving it! have u got a US version? whats the model code?
    08-17-2012 12:43 PM
    sorry i thought u wer the first guy m8. its just ur signal jumping up and down. speeds from slowest to fastest are G, E 3G, H, H+. my H+ actualy seems slower than my H so wish i could switch off the H+ but havent found a way
    08-17-2012 12:46 PM
    Wow this is why I love browsing forums. I just got this phone on Monday and I notice the battery drains very quickly. I'm constantly switching btwn 4G and LTE. I don't really care for LTE speeds. Coming from BlackBerry anything else is lightening fast. So will switching it to hspa/4g - will that help out my battery life more?
    08-17-2012 12:46 PM
    yeah. a bad LTE signal will drain ur battery far faster than a strong H+ signal
    08-17-2012 12:48 PM
    On some North American S3's you can turn off LTE through the settings.

If you're on a carrier like AT&T that restricts those settings (you don't even see the options) you will need to use a method like this to change it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...-hspa-too.html

funky you can probably use this method on your international version as well and pick which band you want to use.
    08-17-2012 07:47 PM
    nice one man but the international doesnt have Lte, just 2g and 3g. i want hsdpa 3g but not hspa+ 3g so i doubt if thats possible.
    i dont know why my H is faster than my H+ but im guessing more of the towers H+ bandwidth is maybe being used by 3g dongles?
    08-17-2012 08:02 PM
    nice one man but the international doesnt have Lte, just 2g and 3g. i want hsdpa 3g but not hspa+ 3g so i doubt if thats possible.
    i dont know why my H is faster than my H+ but im guessing more of the towers H+ bandwidth is maybe being used by 3g dongles?
    You won't know what's possible unless you try it. You probably don't even need the SIM trick with international, actually. Just dial *#2262# and see what options you get.
    08-17-2012 11:26 PM
    cool thanks man. tryin now....
    08-17-2012 11:59 PM
    "invalid MMI code"
    il try the sim thing tomorrow mate
    08-18-2012 12:03 AM
    I'm with Telus and I switched the settings to HSPA+/"4G" only and my battery life has already improved drastically. Yesterday I was able to get through the entire day on just one charge. Thank you very much for the tip.
    08-18-2012 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD