Google voice texts getting stuck in queue?

azrock711

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't text that much so I use GV to cover me for the little that I do. Anyways, more than not my outgoing texts get stuck in 'queue'. I have to reboot the phone to get them out. Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve me abandoning GV?

Anyone else dealing with this?

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't text that much so I use GV to cover me for the little that I do. Anyways, more than not my outgoing texts get stuck in 'queue'. I have to reboot the phone to get them out. Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve me abandoning GV?

Anyone else dealing with this?

I have had this problem ever since GV updated to the "new" look about 6 months ago. I was on the Tbolt back then when it started. I have the same problem on GS3,so does my wife. You can restart GV in the settings to "unstick" it without having to reboot. I keep looking to GV to do an update to fix it but no luck so far.

Vizualize

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ive been seeing more hiccups in Gvoice lately and I would love to know why too. I just put gvoice on the nexus 4 and i was hoping everything would be cured but its not. Still getting messages stuck in que (they eventually send but its not instant the way it should be). I would love to see this service become perfect, I havent used a eal phone number in like 4 years!

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I think GV had an update since my previous post and I don't believe I've had an hangup since then... Still on my GS3 but thinking of jumping to the GN2.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Iv had this happenf or quite some time as well, plus calls going straight to voicemail or should I say not going to my phone anyways. Maybe Google is getting over saturated with GV numbers and they cannot keep up

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Iv had this happenf or quite some time as well, plus calls going straight to voicemail or should I say not going to my phone anyways. Maybe Google is getting over saturated with GV numbers and they cannot keep up

Most of my problem was in the "hangup" when trying to send txt messages using GV which as I mentioned seems to have cleared up since the last update (i think there was one about a month ago). I use my "real" phone number for regular phone calls so I am not sure about that part of it however, I have my home phone forwarded to the GV number and all of those calls used to go straight to VM. Recently many of those calls have started to come through to my phone so to me it seems to be getting better.