Still love my GS3....... Butt......

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
This speaker phone sucks and I can't hear my alarm in the morning..... I have to set my GNEX alarm because the GS3 isn't loud at all... And speaker phone everyone complains... "why does it sound like that" then I have to find my headphones to stay hands free

Sent from my GS3....

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Can't help ya with the speakerphone thing but for the alarm I use my ringtone which is an MP3 cut I made of one of my favorite Marilyn Manson songs and it's loud as hell. Are you using the internal sounds or your own? Also, did you make sure to turn off ascending volume for the alarm? That makes the volume start off extremely low and slowly fade up.

Rev.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For the speaker phone I have to hit the extra volume box tats at the top rightish which adds the volume boost then I have no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: the1m.polo

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Can't help ya with the speakerphone thing but for the alarm I use my ringtone which is an MP3 cut I made of one of my favorite Marilyn Manson songs and it's loud as hell. Are you using the internal sounds or your own? Also, did you make sure to turn off ascending volume for the alarm? That makes the volume start off extremely low and slowly fade up.

Rev.

I'll have to try to different sound then... And I think the ascending thing is on... But it never gets loud... So ill make sure it's off... Coo... Thanks!

Sent from my GS3....

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought this thread was going to be about Butts. :(:(:(

Bikini-Area2.jpg

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
This speaker phone sucks and I can't hear my alarm in the morning..... I have to set my GNEX alarm because the GS3 isn't loud at all... And speaker phone everyone complains... "why does it sound like that" then I have to find my headphones to stay hands free

Sent from my GS3....

You may have a defective unit. I use the Alarm Clock Ultra app and never had an issue with loudness. Actually, it gets a bit too loud.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You may have a defective unit. I use the Alarm Clock Ultra app and never had an issue with loudness. Actually, it gets a bit too loud.

He hasn't checked the volume alarm volume slider yet... bit premature to suggest it's defective at this point no :p lol

and yeah, I forgot about the alarm volume slider myself.

Rev.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i gotta say, i use the stock alarm app and have had no problems with the volume. then again, my internal clock usually wakes me up before my alarm goes off. the only problem i have ever had is hitting the snooze to many times.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys now I feel like a "Butt" ... The forums where a cell phone nerd can be made to feel like a dummy... I turned off that smart alert crap that plays soft first... Now it's pretty cooo.. I must have originally set this alarm when I was half sleep because I don't remember turning that on...

Sent from my GS3....

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You didn't turn it on, it comes enabled by default. On my Droid 2 it was an instant WTF?? when testing out the alarm until someone alerted me to the setting :p

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys now I feel like a "Butt" ... The forums where a cell phone nerd can be made to feel like a dummy... I turned off that smart alert crap that plays soft first... Now it's pretty cooo.. I must have originally set this alarm when I was half sleep because I don't remember turning that on...

Sent from my GS3....

lol ur not a dummy mate. does turning off smart alert make the ringtone start at full volume? i hate how it starts off quiet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2