I recieved a call and was left a voicemail. I just presummed the VM was already set up.
    How do you set up VM on the s3? Any ideas.
    I have got a VM notification which i cant get rid of.
    08-17-2012 04:24 PM
    This is carrier specific. Try calling your own number from your phone.
    08-17-2012 05:09 PM
    Thanks! I have tried my own number and it just says this person is unavailable. There isnt even a setting for it either. I will call o2 tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    mdernst likes this.
    08-17-2012 05:23 PM
    Thanks! I have tried my own number and it just says this person is unavailable. There isnt even a setting for it either. I will call o2 tomorrow.

Not sure about O2 but AT&T has a Voicemail app in the PlayStore.
    08-17-2012 09:05 PM

isnt the voicemail number saved in the contacts on ur o2 sim mate? i used to be with o2 but cant remember the number
    08-17-2012 11:29 PM
    ...try dialing 901
    08-17-2012 11:31 PM
    Cheers mate. That has sorted it. Only thing now my voicemail number is my mobile number,dint know how to change it

08-18-2012 09:30 AM
    dont know m8. u should check out Hullomail visual voicemail. it works really well, u only pay to hear the messages once (if u pay to listen) but theyr saved on the phone. it even has a share to facebook button which can be funny if someone leaves u a drunken message
    08-18-2012 01:35 PM
    I will give o2 a ring and see how i can fix it. But 901 worked. Its a bit stupid to have a dedicated VM button but it doesnt direct you to VM.
    Anyway,i shall report back when i have done it. Never know,it may help others.
    08-18-2012 03:21 PM
    maybe u have to let the phone know what ur vmail number is m8 (i duno the setting) have a look at Hullomail on playstore though m8. u just turn off ur normal vmail and hullomail handles it
    08-18-2012 03:31 PM
    Looks like a good app. I very rarely use my voicemail so i think ill leave this app for now. Thanks for the info.

Btw i know its not on the topic but im finding hard to find an app that shows a notification on the app rather than the notification bar? Go launcher i didnt like???
    08-18-2012 03:47 PM
    Thinking about making my voicemail say what the hell is wrong with you? Don't know how to text? Unless you're my grandma or you're dying.. do not leave an answer after the beep." Beeeeeeeeep
    08-18-2012 03:49 PM
    Thinking about making my voicemail say what the hell is wrong with you? Don't know how to text? Unless you're my grandma or you're dying.. do not leave an answer after the beep." Beeeeeeeeep
    Hahahahaha
    08-18-2012 03:51 PM
    Looks like a good app. I very rarely use my voicemail so i think ill leave this app for now. Thanks for the info.

Btw i know its not on the topic but im finding hard to find an app that shows a notification on the app rather than the notification bar? Go launcher i didnt like???
    someone on here wrote a really good guide to do that m8. cant remember where i saw it but if i do, il post a links
    08-18-2012 03:53 PM
    lol one of my mates' voicemail msg says hello, waits a bit then says "not bad man hows u".. it goes on for about a minute til u realise ur talkin to a voicemail lol gets me every time grr
    08-18-2012 03:55 PM
    I managed to find the settings for the voicemail. So I have rectified the problem. . When your in the phone press the options button and goto the call settings. Its all in there.

08-21-2012 09:05 AM
    I managed to find the settings for the voicemail. So I have rectified the problem. . When your in the phone press the options button and goto the call settings. Its all in there.

Yep, thats what I had to do. I looked in my phone settings and it was a wierd number in there, so then I put in my mobile number and it worked.
    08-21-2012 01:43 PM
    My mobile number was in the VM box but it never worked. So I replaced my number with 901. Works fine now

08-22-2012 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD