02-02-2013 03:26 PM
60 123
tools
    A poster in another thread claimed that haptic settings not sticking after a reboot is a widespread problem with the Galaxy S III. Anyone experiencing this issue?
    not2gutta likes this.
    08-19-2012 05:45 AM
    Include me on this. Started to think it was a conflict between GO SMS haptic settings, and S3
    internal haptic settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-19-2012 05:49 AM
    Only after a reboot or over time?
    08-19-2012 08:59 AM
    Yea my haptic feedback disappears sometimes on SwiftKey 3. Then randomly appears again.
    08-19-2012 09:41 AM
    Yes, they totally disappeared! Oh wait, I turned them off.

Tohio, are you going to have a meltdown in this thread like the last one, including attacking mods and the editor in chief of this Site? Let me know so I can gather snacks and get a chair...

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    08-19-2012 09:55 AM
    I am having the same issue. I thought it was because I was rooted, and that I would just have to deal with it. I got so annoyed that I just created a profile in Tasker to turn it back on when the phone reboots.
    08-19-2012 10:43 AM
    Why would you use haptic feedback??? Doesn't it drain your battery quicker?!?! I always turn it off for that reason!
    08-19-2012 12:40 PM
    Why would you use haptic feedback??? Doesn't it drain your battery quicker?!?! I always turn it off for that reason!
    +1 it's also kind of annoying after a while. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-19-2012 12:47 PM
    Totally agree. It is a bell/whistle that I can live without.
    08-19-2012 12:53 PM
    Yea my haptic feedback disappears sometimes on SwiftKey 3. Then randomly appears again.
    Have you found it to happen when using the stock keyboard (if you ever do)?
    08-19-2012 02:01 PM
    FWIW, I have no problem with haptic feedback working properly after reboots. I only have the notification feature turned on, so that if a message came in while I was away the phone vibrates when I pick it up, and that works reliably.

I stopped using the Samsung keyboard in favor of SwiftKey so I can't comment on that, and I've never been a fan of haptic feedback for all the key presses.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-19-2012 02:19 PM
    u should have made this a poll Tohio mate.
    so of the people with that problem (haptic feedback settings change after reboot), what carrier version are u on?
    im on the international and never had the problem

ps i use Smart Keyboard Pro
    08-19-2012 02:40 PM
    Yes, they totally disappeared! Oh wait, I turned them off.

Tohio, are you going to have a meltdown in this thread like the last one, including attacking mods and the editor in chief of this Site? Let me know so I can gather snacks and get a chair...

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    +1 lol x
    08-19-2012 02:43 PM
    u should have made this a poll Tohio mate.
    so of the people with that problem (haptic feedback settings change after reboot), what carrier version are u on?
    im on the international and never had the problem

ps i use Smart Keyboard Pro
    Poll would have been an excellent idea if I knew how to make one I'm on ATT and haven't seen any evidence of a widespread haptic setting issue. I advised, and still do, prospective buyers of a phone to check out that phone's forums before making a final decision. So when I saw possible deceptive or misleading information about a phone that I own I wanted to determine if indeed it was a problem. So far it doesn't appear to be.

BTW I use Swirtkey 3 (latest update)

BTW 2 From a tourist viewpoint what's the best time to visit Scotland?
    08-19-2012 02:56 PM
    So when I saw possible deceptive or misleading information about a phone that I own I wanted to determine if indeed it was a problem. So far it doesn't appear to be.
    You've had 7 people answer you. Three of which have haptics turned off. Here's three of the remaining four.

Include me on this. Started to think it was a conflict between GO SMS haptic settings, and S3
    internal haptic settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I am having the same issue. I thought it was because I was rooted, and that I would just have to deal with it. I got so annoyed that I just created a profile in Tasker to turn it back on when the phone reboots.
    Not exactly sure what you think you're going to prove here, but you won't get the free reign you did in the other post. Tread lightly.
    08-19-2012 03:26 PM
    @tohio i duno how to do a poll either lol.
    scotland is really nice when the sun shines or when it snows. the trouble is that you never know if or when these are gonna happen lol. i could tell u to visit a week in july and it could rain all week. its russian roulette. sometimes youre really "lucky" and get four seasons in one day lol. one thing il say is visit the inner citys and the deprived residential areas as well as the beautiful parts so u get a full measure of the the country instead of just the stereotype
    08-19-2012 03:41 PM
    jerry why do u never post on my threads but you find this one straight away lol? are u stalking tohio?
    08-19-2012 03:42 PM
    @tohio i duno how to do a poll either lol.
    scotland is really nice when the sun shines or when it snows. the trouble is that you never know if or when these are gonna happen lol. i could tell u to visit a week in july and it could rain all week. its russian roulette. sometimes youre really "lucky" and get four seasons in one day lol. one thing il say is visit the inner citys and the deprived residential areas as well as the beautiful parts so u get a full measure of the the country instead of just the stereotype
    I'd like to follow some of the route of Samuel Johnson and Robert Boswell on their trip through Scotland in the 1700's. But they had the very unpredictable weather as well. Thanks for the advice. Oh and just to stay on topic, haptic feedback.
    08-19-2012 04:54 PM
    haha yeah HAPTIC. speakin of feedback. do some research on the scottish midge (we call it a midgie here) before u think about goin to the scottish countryside.... think mosquito times 10000000000 lol
    tohio and winmod21 like this.
    08-19-2012 04:58 PM
    I thought this was a bug, but it turns out it was because I had enabled power saving mode. Issue resolved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    bumpysig, RT78 and winmod21 like this.
    08-19-2012 05:03 PM
    I thought this was a bug, but it turns out it was because I had enabled power saving mode. Issue resolved.

yeah u can change what power saving mode affects. i have it set to only slow down the cpu
    08-19-2012 05:04 PM

Hopefully that info will help anyone else who might be having the problem due to settings rather than widespread issue with the phone. Makes sense it would be turned off if you wanted to save power.
    08-19-2012 05:11 PM
    It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy....
    08-19-2012 06:59 PM
    my thumbs luv a good vibration too
    08-19-2012 07:03 PM
    ....if we all worried about battery use so much we wouldnt have bought a phone with a 4.8" screen lol. i think we should get the very best out of the phone and use power saving mode when wer in danger of it dying
    RT78 likes this.
    08-19-2012 07:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD