flash player not working on new Galaxy S3

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, so I just got my galaxy s3 phone today and I went on youtube's desktop version to see how well it looked. The webpage was perfect, until I saw a blue box in the middle of the video screen. I thought that the galaxy s3 had flash player downloaded know it already. And when I read comments, it seems that I am the only one with this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Download adobe flash player from market then close browser/YouTube or reboot phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I did that, but the app said I cannot install it because android doesn't support it anymore, and it didn't have an install button. And I rebooted it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah u can still download flash from adobe site or illegal markets but its been removed from play store mate. check in the app drawer for it (cant remember if it was pre-installed on my s3). if its not there, make sure the phone is set to install apps from unknown sources and look for it online. Android Central have a good guide on installing it but i dont have a link man sorry

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay then, I truly appreciate this, I would see if I can find it on this website...

Well I checked on the play store and there's no application drawer, I also checked in my settings and didn't see anything...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aplication drawer is the bit where the big list of apps is on your phone

http://db.tt/xC9hs6nQ

app drawer button usualy looks like the one in the middle at bottom of this picture. tap on that and see if flash is in there. if not you'l have to download it but not from play store

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay I downloaded it, and some videos are working but not all. I don't know why this is happening, I didn't download any thing else on my phone but live wallpapers...

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it from here:
http://m.androidcentral.com/how-manually-install-flash-your-android-device

And the videos that seems to work on YouTube in the desktop version, are the videos from the users home page, the page that doesn't include comments, but if I were to search for it, and the video screen appears with the comments at the bottom, it wouldn't work...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. ive never even used the desktop version of youtube on my phone lol so i really dont know man. hopefully someone else can help :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Which browser are you using? And why don't you just use the YouTube app? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol theres certain vids that are flash only i think mate that the app doesnt play. i remember tryin to find The Gadget Show (a uk tv show) on a phone that wasnt capable of flash and couldnt find it

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I do know that I can use the app, but they download have certain videos that my iPhone, for example, couldn't play and it used to work on my laptop. But I really do appreciate your help. I just hope that my phone isn't defective.

So what are some websites that do require flash that I can test on?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I do know that I can use the app, but they download have certain videos that my iPhone, for example, couldn't play and it used to work on my laptop. But I really do appreciate your help. I just hope that my phone isn't defective.

So what are some websites that do require flash that I can test on?

I was just wondering. No sweat. I like trying flash based games on my phone. Just shows off the very essence of the power of the phone, the beauty of the screen, and the betterness than the iPhone ;)

Try testing flash here http://armorgames.com/play/12141/kingdom-rush

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Well this is the perfect website, because i truly know that I have no flash player installed successfully...

Well this is the perfect website, because now I know for sure that flash player is not working on my phone....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering. No sweat. I like trying flash based games on my phone. Just shows off the very essence of the power of the phone, the beauty of the screen, and the betterness than the iPhone ;)

Try testing flash here Kingdom Rush | Strategy Games | Play Free Games Online at Armor Games

wow ive never played flash games even on a pc but that is a great way to test the s3 :)

Well this is the perfect website, because now I know for sure that flash player is not working on my phone....

thats strange man. what kind of mobile internet speed do you get where you are?

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 4g... I really really don't know what's going on with thus flash player...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive just had a thought man. is the browser youre using flash compatible??
download Firefox browser and try on that

Which browser are you using? And why don't you just use the YouTube app? Lol

^^^^ the very first question this man asked ;)

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I am using dolphin browser, and that's suppose to be flash compatible, but I would try Firefox and see how that works.