What launcher is everyone using?

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried out Apex and Nova and like Nova best. I need to upgrade to Prime. I am using the beta version (currently 1.3beta6) along with Jellybean theme.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Based on the free versions, I used Apex and Nova.

Apex has a bit more features but doesn't seem that fast (not talking about smooth because they're both smooth)
Nova has less features but is more snappy and quick (using the stock "Nova" speed settings, even though you can go even faster).

I chose to keep Nova.

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I went with the pro version of Apex. It seemed to be the closest thing to Launcher Pro Plus which is what I was used to on my last phone.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on the free versions, I used Apex and Nova.

Apex has a bit more features but doesn't seem that fast (not talking about smooth because they're both smooth)
Nova has less features but is more snappy and quick (using the stock "Nova" speed settings, even though you can go even faster).

I chose to keep Nova.

+1 when going for the free version I'd use apex but if I want the paid version I'm going nova.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Nova Prime for me too. I used ADW for the last 2 years on my Incredible but found Nova to have a lot more to offer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I was happy using GoLauncher on my Captivate with 2.2. But with the SGS III, I wanted something a little more Ice Cream Sandwichy. So I installed the free version of Nova and I'm very, very happy with it. I miss the widgets in the app drawer thing on Touchwiz, but I think it's an acceptable tradeoff to get a more functional dock...and not have to look at the extremely fugly TW.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Any one know why certain launchers keep the 3 dot menu on bottom of the screen? I have nova, it doesn't, i tried go but it has the bottom button thingy? I know I'm in a sg111 thread, was just looking for answers since i couldn't find it in my threads

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Until another Launchers support GLOBAL Badge Notifications (not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls) I'll be sticking with Nova Prime.
I know Badge Notifications seem like a small thing but once you have them on ALL your Apps, it's tough to go without them.
I've read there's an App being developed that won't be Launcher-specific called "Badger", so we'll see. Until then though, I can't go without them so I can't go without Nova.

Here's how to achieve them--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
yeah u can set Go to hide the screen indicator mate

Its not the screen indicator, its the on screen dreaded menu button, can't seen to find how to get rid of it, i take it the s3 doesn't have the on screen menu button

from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair