08-24-2012 06:23 PM
87 1234
tools
    i just love the Go developers i think. they just keep updating and updating and even though i doubt english is their first language, they take feedback really well and act on it. id like to know what any launcher can do that Go launcher cant
    I was thinking the same thing. I have no issues with Go being sluggish at all. Is there any features that Nova has that Go doesn't offer?
    08-21-2012 10:38 AM
    ...Is there any features that Nova has that Go doesn't offer?
    Nova has a particular feature that no other Launcher offers - GLOBAL Badge Notifications (little red / holo #'s on the App icons indicating how many Notifications that App has).
    Other Launchers support it for SMS / GMail / Missed Calls, but that's not nearly enough IMO. Nova Launcher supports it for virtually ALL App icons.
    I know it seems like a small thing, but once you have them, you won't be able to go back to not having them.

Link--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=199709

What that could look like (works on Home screens, App Drawer & WidgetLocker though images don't show Home screen)-->
    08-21-2012 10:55 AM
    i just love the Go developers i think. they just keep updating and updating and even though i doubt english is their first language, they take feedback really well and act on it. id like to know what any launcher can do that Go launcher cant
    I agree with you. I tried Nova and I just can't fathom why folks pay for it wen Go Launcher does all Nova does and more plus it's free.
    08-21-2012 10:59 AM
    Nova has a particular feature that no other Launcher offers - GLOBAL Badge Notifications (little red / holo #'s on the App icons indicating how many Notifications that App has).
    Other Launchers support it for SMS / GMail / Missed Calls, but that's not nearly enough IMO. Nova Launcher supports it for virtually ALL App icons.
    I know it seems like a small thing, but once you have them, you won't be able to go back to not having them.
    Ok that's a cool feature. I see how it can be useful especially once notification bar has been cleared. I wouldn't care to use it but it's cool. I still think Go Launcher gives me more functionality than Nova does and the updates just keep coming!
    08-21-2012 11:06 AM
    ...I still think Go Launcher gives me more functionality than Nova does...
    Such as?
    08-21-2012 11:15 AM
    Nova Prime. Liked Apex for a while but Nova is my primary.
    08-21-2012 11:29 AM
    The first thing I did when I got this phone was look around for a good launcher. I was using Go Launcher on my Droid Charge and it was fine, but I wanted to explore my other options since that was all I had ever used. So, I went and downloaded ADW, Apex and Nova. I spent a full 2 days on each just to give them a good test run.

After all of that, I switched back to GO.

There's just something about it. I know it's not the fastest, but there's only a marginal difference (especially once you tweak it a little bit). I know it uses more memory, but we have 2GB of RAM. Trivial. I like that GO has their own Launcher and Locker theme "stores". It may not have all of the themes available, but it's a nice touch.

This is just my opinion though.
    08-21-2012 12:09 PM
    I use TW Launcher 4.5 on my Motorola Triumph. I LOVE LOVE LOVE touchwiz, its the only other launcher I've been able to stick with.
    08-21-2012 02:53 PM
    I'm using holo launcher

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    08-21-2012 04:11 PM
    Honestly, Go Launcher is still a great Launcher. I have a friend who is using Thunderbolt and complained to me about the HTC Sense issue like it kept restarting and force closing. He did reset the phone few times. I told him about Go Launcher and he loves it. I mean he is thrill to have it. My other friend have Go Launcher and she love it. She have MyTouch 4G, I had that before this phone. It run flawlessly on their phone and work well for them. I did told them to try Apex and Nova but I didn't know it was only for ICS or above phone. But they are still happy with GO Launcher.

One thing about the GO app is their Go SMS Pro. They really messed it up. Before few months ago, everything is so free. The features that came with it is free. Until now they are charging a premium for using local backup, go location, Facebook sync and screen shot picture . They used to be free and now they want money. The huge deal breaker is I have to pay every 180 days to keep using those feature. I mean charging for using a local backup!?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forum
    08-21-2012 04:33 PM
    I'm using SPB Shell 3D. Galaxy SIII.
    08-21-2012 06:48 PM
    Tried launcher 7 after using Go Launcher. Preferred Launcher 7. It was fast and responsive. Once you set up it's great and had lots of modifications and features. I found Go Launcher to be to large, size wize and it was getting too "busy" with feature instead of perfecting what it should do which is launch apps. Launcher 7, which is windows 7.x like is simple and everthing is right there where you can get at it easily.
    08-21-2012 07:33 PM
    Ok that's a cool feature. I see how it can be useful especially once notification bar has been cleared. I wouldn't care to use it but it's cool. I still think Go Launcher gives me more functionality than Nova does and the updates just keep coming!
    the Go Launcher Notification plug-in puts the number of missed calls, txts and emails on the icons. its not global but those three are the main ones
    08-22-2012 12:27 AM
    Still wondering why nova is the only launcher that doesn't have the dreaded black menu bar at the bottom!, I've spent 2 days trying launchers and they ask have it with no way to get rid of it, anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 12:49 AM
    what menu bar man?? u got a pic?
    08-22-2012 12:50 AM
    I really liked go launcher on gb phone, however I love ics and how it shows widgets in the app drawer so you know what said item looks like without placing it on the screen.....

That being said, go launcher on top of ics feels like I'm back on gb roms, no thanks.

As far as the launcher I'm using, nova prime and touch wiz, I really like tw this time around, only thing I don't like I'd is ram hungry and redraws too much
    08-22-2012 12:57 AM
    I guess its my bad due to the fact that i posted in the S3 thread, you must not have a menu bar!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 01:03 AM
    yeah bein able to see widgets in app drawer would make it so much easier to uninstall them. i probably have hundreds that i dont use. is there any un-installer app that will show you all youre widgets in one list and let u check boxes for each one u wana uninstall?
    08-22-2012 01:04 AM
    i like both nova and apex but chose apex for a small (maybe dumb) thing in the app drawer when scrolling it eventually goes into widgets but in nova u have to press it and it only give you a list..... i know i know its just the small little things
    08-23-2012 01:55 PM
    ...chose Apex...in the app drawer when scrolling it eventually goes into widgets but in nova u have to press it and it only give you a list...
    My Nova has Widgets in the App Drawer too
    08-23-2012 02:41 PM
    You have to be rooted to have widgets in the app draws with nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2012 03:15 PM
    You have to be rooted to have widgets in the app draws with nova.
    I'm not rooted, though could be a Jelly Bean thing...I'm using a stock GNex with 4.1.1.
    08-23-2012 04:59 PM
    Launcher 7 for me!! I love the formly know as Metro UI design while still maintaining all the flexibility of Android.
    08-23-2012 05:12 PM
    Yes. If you have jb then you don't need to be rooted. Its just for ics that you need to be rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2012 05:12 PM
    Launcher 7 for me!!...
    Ya, the latest BETA of Nova is giving me problems lately so I've switched back to Launcher7 as well...I miss global Badge Notifications but I have them on WidgetLocker so they'll do for now til Nova gets fixed.
    I do like the WP7 UI.
    08-23-2012 05:54 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD