Kies for Mac and Mountain Lion Solution!

iNDiGLo

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Mac to 1.3.0.12093_4 and it works like a champ. On both a cable connected to my Samsung Galaxy S3 or using 'Kies via Wi-Fi' in the settings on the phone. Just make sure if you are using a cable that you setup your phone for 'Media device (MTP)'.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
@ tx_jk, are you running OS X 10.8.2? I sort of hosed myself during troubleshooting the other day. I uninstalled 1.3.0.12084.6 (which I used as the base to upgrade to 1.3.0.12093_4 via the "in app" Update process). Now that I'm on 10.8.2 the 1.3.0.12084.6 installer (which is the kies20mac_s8173.pkg) halts stating that "Kies Mac support MacOS X 10.5 ~ 10.7. Installation cannot proceed as all not all requirements were met". So, looks like the 12084.6 installer may have a runtime check for OS version.

So I'm going to start over using the workarounds posted at the top of this thread, and here Kies for Mac and Mountain Lion not working? Here's a solution [From the Forums] | Android Central. Will see how far I can get...

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So, good news after implementing the workaround I'm back in business. After the workaround install completed, I let the Kies Update process bring the installation up to the 1.3.0.12093_4 current version. Confirms I messed up something during troubleshooting. I'll stay with this for a while :D

PORTSKI

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone resolve this, as i too have the 'spinning connecting' on my mac book pro, it did show only once as a usb device and regognised the phone properly, i managed to transfer a few files then it stoppped working mid back up. Ive only just bought this Galaxy s3 Lte and i love the phone but this is a big let down on the software front?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone resolve this, as i too have the 'spinning connecting' on my mac book pro, it did show only once as a usb device and regognised the phone properly, i managed to transfer a few files then it stoppped working mid back up. Ive only just bought this Galaxy s3 Lte and i love the phone but this is a big let down on the software front?

Are you using Kies and getting the 'spinning connecting' issue? I've used Kies recently (this past weekend) to synch my Phone Contacts with the OS X Contacts app, and completed a full backup. Not saying you don't have a valid issue, just trying to narrow down the particular apps and use case here.

PORTSKI

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Kies and getting the 'spinning connecting' issue? I've used Kies recently (this past weekend) to synch my Phone Contacts with the OS X Contacts app, and completed a full backup. Not saying you don't have a valid issue, just trying to narrow down the particular apps and use case here.
Yeah, ive downloaded the latest version and i also tried un-installing kies and re-installing using the older version 1.3.0.12093_4 connecting to the phone with genuine samsung cable and i still get just the spinning connection symbol. Having tried both connecting as PTP which shows nothing at all on the Macbook Pro, and also trying MTP which just shows 'connecting'. The phone is running Android 4.1.1 ( Build JRO03C.19305XXAL15 ) and is a Samsung GT-19305 the macbook pro is running OS X 10.8.2 (12C60). Has anyone got any ideas, i just cant find a sensible or functional 3rd party app (normally wifi and browser based) that allows me the speed i need to transfer files any suggestions would be appreciated to get USB connection working.

Luwoze

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Nashstruck for the downloading tip of Kies v. 1.3
However I still get "Device not responding" with my Note (Phablet).
Also re-installed drivers, same error.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Nashstruck for the downloading tip of Kies v. 1.3
However I still get "Device not responding" with my Note (Phablet).
Also re-installed drivers, same error.
Agree, nice post by Nashtruck to start this off. By off chance did you let Kies do an autoupdate? The most current version is 2.0.0.12095_7
I've also found that rebooting your Mac won't hurt after a Kies install. Another thing to check is if you have any other apps that may be trying to utilize the USB bus/path to your Note while trying to use Kies. Could be a conflict there.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How did you get AFT to work with Mountain Lion? It won't detect my Galaxy S3.
I've never been able to get AFT to work with Mountain Lion, but have seen cases where others have had no issues, or via a few workarounds gotten it to work.

Cyber Cow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No luck for me either. Samsung Galaxy S3 ICS 4.0.4, Mountain Lion 10.8.2, Mac Mini Mid 2011. Kies for osx not detects any phone, neither via USB or Kies over WiFi. I tried various things found here and there. Nothing seems to help. And never will help with crap software. I wouldn't think that with a such a great phone there will be missing the most important part, the syncing software ... I do tried Kies Air but that's NOT the same thing as having a full fledged sync app on your desktop. I do like the idea of browser interface of Kies Air for jingling your phone but mostly for occasional browsing ... Cmmon Samsung you can do better than that ?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
@ jffmllr and Cyber Cow, this thread has a few workarounds buried intermittently throughout.
Issue 36970 - android - Android 4.0.4 update bug with Android File Transfer on mac - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
Not the best state in my view. I've seen some other references here on the AC Forums, and if I run across them will post back. I've been using AirDroid and Kies. If I have more time over the holidays will see if I can get AFT to work and report back.

Frank Mestdagh

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What a pile of crap I also cannot sync my S3 to OS10.8.2 been trying all week but nothing works.

iTunes with my former iPhone was a breeze to sync.

There seems to be no solution here.

Damn!

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What a pile of crap I also cannot sync my S3 to OS10.8.2 been trying all week but nothing works.

Damn!

Put your sd card into the computer, open it up. Open iTunes, copy n paste. It's simple. also, you are not using an I device anymore. Android is MUCH more advanced than IOS when it comes to customization. It takes a while to learn things.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2010 iMac with 10.7 installed. I tried Kies and couldn't get it to work at all. I installed iSyncr with the wifi add on. Yes, it costs a few bucks!

iSyncr allows me to wirelessly sync my playlists, including Smart playlists to AND from my phone. I think it also updates the play count. It uploads any music I buy from Amazon MP3 and adds it to an Amazon MP3 playlist in iTunes. It also uploads photos taken on the phone if you choose.

I have mine set up to sync at 2:00 am every night. It works brilliantly with no brain damage. I honestly don't even think about it except when to post about it here.

iTunes is the gold standard IMO and drag and drop is not an option for me. Two way syncing automatically without having to connect is the way to go. It works as well as the iPhone sync, wifi sync when connected to a power source.

I wouldn't let any IOS anything sync to my Gs3. Everytime iTunes updates on my computer, it gets a virus. My son has a damn iPod touch n I frikkin hate having iTunes on there. I drag n drop songs from real player on my computer, same with music videos. I don't like YouTube all that much and real player used to download videos from YouTube. Idk if it does anymore cuz I think I've been on my computer maybe 10 times n the last year. I have a tablet and an S3. Anywho, if you have an android, you can go into the play store and find free music downloaders. The music only takes a few seconds to download and it's free. It keeps anything from apple touching the glory that is android.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Damn!

Frank, if you can share a few of the options/methods you've tried folks here may be able to help.

Joy Waterhouse

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Um Wierd! i have a 10.8 version and it was able to sync to our samsung galaxy S3 version perfectly w/o any updates you might wanna recheck your info

Whoever needs help with this issue lemme know ill do some more research on my end.

However this unarchiver its ridicuous how you have to dowmload a different format just to get kies to work on your mac. Samsung needs to
update there system and not have to let us suffer the consequences of being ''outdated''. Its really unfair and simply cruel to the rest of the world.

Thomas Pfanne

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have 10.8.3 and Kies 2.0.0.13023_10
But my S 3 AP: 19300XXUFMB3 with CP:19300XXELLA and CSC 19300OJKFMB3 will always stuck trying to build a connection.