Power Saving Toggle

How many of you use Power Saving Mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
How many of you are using the Power Saving Mode?

I started off using it because I was very worried about battery life. I turned it off last week and I havent't noticed any difference in battery life. I have only noticed that I no longer have any lag when scrolling.

1. Yes I use it
2. No I don't use it

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I use it but like you I've been thinking about turning it off to see if I notice a difference. Guess tomorrow will be a good day to see.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i only use it when im in danger of the battery dying so i cant really answer the poll. i spent a lot of money on a powerful quad core phone so using power saving (underclocking the cpu) seems like buying a race horse and cutting its feet off lol.
i only use it when i really need to

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Never use it. It just allows down your phone. I haven't seen it affect anyone's battery life that much over non power saving mode. No go for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I use it in desperate situations e.g. last night gone to bed, battery on 27% and charger downstairs...power save to the rescue...phone still had 13% battery this morning!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

mctl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that it's a big laggy when the power saving mode is on, and I usually turn the toogle off when playing games or browsing Facebook. But when I read something on the screen (web page, book, comics), I usually toggle it on.
And if the phone is not used at all, like during the night, the Airplane mode + power saving helps a great deal (3% max battery depleted in 6-8 hours)

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it because I don't want to limit my device. I don't like the lower processor power... dim screen and lack of haptic feedback.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess its pretty 50/50

There's people who want to save battery and leave it on.
Then there's people who don't want to be limited by the phones full capability and leave it off.

I personally didn't see too much of a change in battery life.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see much change here at home but I'll be in a low signal area all day next Tuesday and will probably try it then.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I get around 12-14hrs with 3hrs and 40 minutes screen time with out it. I really don't see a need for it UNLESS your trying to conserve that last precious 30-40% while out in about..

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I get around 12-14hrs with 3hrs and 40 minutes screen time with out it. I really don't see a need for it UNLESS your trying to conserve that last precious 30-40% while out in about..

Yeah, I could see where that might be a benefit. Like I said, I used it pretty much 100% of the time until about last week and I haven't any more battery usage. Who knows though, the novelty of the phone is wearing off. Maybe I'm just messing around with it less over the last week.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a way to put it in power save mode every time the screen goes off. It seems more healthy than those root apps where they underclock it for you.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i think the cpu slows itself down when the phone sleeps. with a custom rom though u can set the minimum clock speed lower than stock and phones function fine so i always wonder why the manufacturers dont set it lower. the risk with under/overclocking is u can get stuck in a boot loop if u have the cpu app set to apply on boot

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I really haven't noticed any difference with it on or off. So I just leave it off but then again U have my screen at 1% unless I'm in direct sunlight situation and have haptic off, maybe that would make a difference.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i just adjust display using the slider in notification bar.. only takes a second. and haptic feedback is great so i just use powersave to slow the CPU when im desparate. why put a rev' limiter on a ferrari? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech