Hello,

I know its normal for the proximity sensor to display a red light while using direct call or on a call. But I find my proximity sensor noticeable brighter then my sisters phone. Comparing the two, you can barley see any light coming form her sensor, unless your in a darkroom. I can see mine clearing in a well lit room. The Sensor works... I just don't know why mine is brighter then hers.

If anyone can provide me with an answer I would greatly appreciated it.

Also I don't know if this would matter but mine is the pebble blue and my sister has the marble white.

Thanks.
    08-22-2012 04:45 PM
    ive never seen light from my prox sensor....does that happen just during a call?
    08-22-2012 05:44 PM
    Yes, the first sensor next to the G will light up. You'll definitely notice it when your in a dark area.
    08-22-2012 07:39 PM
    oh yeah lol its a really dull burgendy.
    id have thought it would use an invisible frequency.wonder why it uses visible??
    08-22-2012 08:10 PM
    Are you able to see the sensor. Other then in a dark room?
    08-22-2012 09:30 PM
    only when i put a shadow over it
    08-22-2012 09:33 PM
    just noticed this is getting brighter so i dug up this old thread.
    so is it normal? (in a completely dark room with screen off, not in a call, the prox sensor glows red)
    never noticed it on any other phone...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-23-2012 01:16 PM
    You can test the proximity sensor, and a bunch of other goodies...

Start your Phone app
    Get to the Keypad screen
    Type in: *#0* #

You'll have to reboot to get out of the menu.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-23-2012 01:31 PM
    cheers man
    my sensor defo works perfectly though. im just wondering why its glowing with visible light and if its normal for the s3.
    seems like its wasting battery if its constantly on?
    hmm that USSD code doesnt seem to work on int' s3 mate..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-23-2012 01:38 PM
    cheers man
    my sensor defo works perfectly though. im just wondering why its glowing with visible light and if its normal for the s3.
    seems like its wasting battery if its constantly on?
    hmm that USSD code doesnt seem to work on int' s3 mate..
    It might waste a little bit of battery but if you get one of the official Samsung S3 Battery mats and just hold your phone over it, you can just scoop up those wasted bits and pour em back in later.

Sorry about the Intl phones not liking that code. Must be a USA secret thing.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-23-2012 01:43 PM
    lmao mate

10-23-2012 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD