My S III notified me of an update for the voicemail app and I installed it.

One new feature I noticed is the ability to directly share voicemail via SMS and Gmail (I haven't tried sharing a voice mail yet). The other minor changes I noticed is the app now has a white background instead of the black. New voicemail app icon, too.

I am not sure if it's Sprint specific, so I decided to post it here to share the info.
    08-22-2012 06:48 PM
    Well I have an ATT device and your voicemail app looks very different from the visual voicemail app ATT provides, so it would appear its just the Sprint devices.
    08-22-2012 06:56 PM
    I received the same update on Sprint
    08-22-2012 10:18 PM
    I received that update quite some time ago (3 weeks maybe?). Sprint here.
    08-23-2012 01:36 AM
    I received that update quite some time ago (3 weeks maybe?). Sprint here.
    Lucky! (Dated Napoleon Dynamite reference.)
    08-23-2012 07:08 AM
    I updated my voicemail on my HTC EVO 3D from Sprint. I no longer get a counter on the voice mail app icon. The old counter was in a small green dot that was placed on top of the app icon when you had un-reviewed voice mails. The same green dot still appears on my app icons for text messages and emails. What happened to the counter. why on earth would they remove it. I even tried uninstalling the update and still cant get the counter back. WTF
    09-19-2012 01:13 PM
    So is everyone/anyone still liking the new looks etc of VVM? Not me, now if you don't upgrade you have to see that ad message about upgrading on every message. It really Cheapens the look and feel and most prob don't Know that one color for Displays to Produce which is WHITE is the most Energy Hungry, Battery Draining part of these screens. I removed update then today A upgrade/update from Android came and it loaded the update again and now it doesn't have choice to uninstall anymore....Anybody agree that it LOOKS CHEAP????????????????
    10-11-2012 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD