11-13-2012 08:30 AM
29 12
tools
    Apparently they updated the app now and it claims to work on non rooted GS3 but I see complaints firm some people regarding high battery usage of the app

Has anyone non rooted tried it since the new update? is it safe to download now?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-23-2012 04:11 PM
    Check out the thread in the AT&T GS3 forum.
    08-23-2012 04:34 PM
    Thanks, I believe I ranxa search before I posted this and didn't see that, l download it tonight

08-23-2012 05:56 PM
    I downloaded it (paid version) just because I wanted to turn off notification light at night (stupid it isn't included in Android). I noticed my battery was way down today (about 25% more). I've only had it for one day, but if this continues I'll stop using it. Non-rooted Verizon GS3.
    08-23-2012 08:17 PM
    It fights the stock charging light color if you switch it to anything but red

08-23-2012 08:19 PM
    After a few hours use :

Changing the charging led or any otherwise messing with anything related to the charging led will lead to either :

Led flickering between two colors

Led fighting each other

Led coming on and off randomly

Led completely coming off

In short, it's probably best to disable any led colors and use the app to function as a control for your current leds

Also, it seems no setting related to the charging led will work, such as telling the screen to not turn on when fully charged or making the green light come off within a certain minute limit after you finish charging

08-24-2012 12:27 AM
    it works flawlessly on my international but ive heard of "talk back" problems for people who use stock browser. i have mine set to do solid (no blinking) very dark colours colours for sms, gmail and missed calls and brigh whight solid for fully charged and i love it. being on the international, i dont know how fixed it is for the US phones soz. ill have a look at battery use now.... (would lightflow use include the actual power used by the LED or just the system activating it?
    08-24-2012 03:38 AM
    ....ps ive always had the stock charging light turned off..
    08-24-2012 03:40 AM
    cant find lightflow in GSam ratings but iv only been off charge for 4hrs n dont think ive had any notifications lately so il report back lateer....
    08-24-2012 03:47 AM
    I bought Light Flow just to turn off the notification lights during the night. But it is running down my battery. Anybody know how to set it up so it only controls the lights at night and does the normal led lights during the day? I don't care about all the colors and stuff.
    08-27-2012 07:42 PM
    I used it twice. first time it failed to work. Second time, it borked the notification system, I disabled the light flow service and un installed it, the led stop working until after second reboot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    08-27-2012 08:42 PM
    anyone have the "talkback bug" when using it with stock launcher?
    08-28-2012 12:48 AM
    I un installed it the same day I was testing it, too much trouble and issues and things that don't work the way they should

I'll try in the future if there is an update

08-28-2012 01:13 AM
    I bought Light Flow just to turn off the notification lights during the night. But it is running down my battery. Anybody know how to set it up so it only controls the lights at night and does the normal led lights during the day? I don't care about all the colors and stuff.
    Did you ever find an app that can disable the LED notification light at night?
    11-07-2012 06:01 PM
    I decided to buy the latest version of Light Flow. I think the developer has it working now. I'm using Nova Launcher, so I'm not sure if the Talkback bug is still present with TouchWiz.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-07-2012 06:15 PM
    Not on my sprint s3 it doesn't.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    11-07-2012 06:16 PM
    Jellybeans new "blocking" function should do that if you can wait man.
    it basicly disables your choice of calls, notifications etc between set hours and has a toggle in notification pull down
    Does light flow really work now?-uploadfromtaptalk1352333887303.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-07-2012 06:18 PM
    It's working for me on Sprint stock JB. Before this update the phone would never go to sleep, bad battery drain! Updated 2 days ago and have had it on since. No issues so far. Was at 40% on the battery after 11 hours, which is not bad for me.

I only use it to control a few applications notifications, so may not run into some of the problems others have.

I got so used to having to keeping my phone face down at night since losing this apps functionality I forgot to test the sleep mode out. I just updated my sleep time earlier and sent myself some emails. No light or vibration. So it appears to be working. For the charging, I do have that off in the JB LED indicator options already. That was one thing that had stopped working even back on my S2 when I updated to ICS.
    11-07-2012 07:31 PM
    Jellybeans new "blocking" function should do that if you can wait man.
    it basicly disables your choice of calls, notifications etc between set hours and has a toggle in notification pull down
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352333887303.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	45170

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    I am running a leaked JB ROM and I don't see the "blocking" option in my settings?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    11-07-2012 07:37 PM
    is it just an international thing maybe?
    we seem to have lost "driving mode" in its place......
    global s3 also has "screen mode" (standard, dynamic,movie, natural) that the dual cores dont have so theres sometimes differences.
    driving mode seems an important thing though..

11-07-2012 07:58 PM
    I love that cm10 has a built in light flow setting that changes led for any app

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-07-2012 09:26 PM
    I've used Night Clock for a few months now. It turns off all notifications and has exactly what I was looking for in a bedside clock...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h0Y2xvY2siXQ..
    funkylogik and jayhawkfan18 like this.
    11-08-2012 06:35 AM
    I've used Night Clock for a few months now. It turns off all notifications and has exactly what I was looking for in a bedside clock...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h0Y2xvY2siXQ..
    I have always been worried about "screen burn-in" with apps like this.
    Can anyone with S3 screen knowledge chime in regarding the possibility of "screen burn-in"?
    11-08-2012 06:50 AM
    Can anyone with S3 screen knowledge chime in regarding the possibility of "screen burn-in"?
    sounds possible but maybe not as brightness is so low...

11-08-2012 07:11 AM
    Plus the brightness on mine is in the minus range and I set the font color to almost black. It's barely visible in the dark, just how i like it.

There's another one called Dock Clock that addresses this issue by putting the display on an orbit so the screen moves at a set time...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ockclock&hl=en
    tsells likes this.
    11-08-2012 07:25 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD