imagine a launcher that puts like tabs of every active app youre usin replacing the statusbar so u can just switch between them without the annoyin home button?
    08-23-2012 09:22 PM
    Imagine if there were an app that gave you on screen icons for every app so u would never have to press the home button or capacitive buttons again

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-23-2012 09:26 PM
    the app drawer lol?
    08-23-2012 09:39 PM
    the app drawer lol?
    No, I mean like the galaxy Nexus, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-23-2012 10:26 PM
    how doep it work on the gnex mate?
    i used to use a really nice task manager. basicly you swipe from far edge of the screen and it appears with last used apps, all apps, folders of apps. cant remember the name though and have a feelin it didnt work on ICS when i tried it again. it completely removed the need for homescreen lol. if i find it again il post it, maybe its been updated. mghght have been called app manager plus or something
    08-23-2012 10:55 PM
    its Smart Taskbar! worked really well once u set up the swipe action. il try it on the s3 sometime
    08-23-2012 11:02 PM
    its Smart Taskbar! worked really well once u set up the swipe action. il try it on the s3 sometime
    I hated that app.

Imagine on screen buttons of your choice with a gesture bar to go back, launch apps, and multitask like on webOS
    08-23-2012 11:06 PM
    I hated that app.

Imagine on screen buttons of your choice with a gesture bar to go back, launch apps, and multitask like on webOS
    i liked it with the alternative theme on it.
    wouldnt that waste screen real estate Tk mate?
    08-24-2012 01:02 AM
    EDIT: ahh GESTURE? that would be really nice. is there an android app that can do that? using multiple finger gestures? or do apple own that?
    08-24-2012 01:04 AM
    ....actualy do apple have any say over 3rd party devs using ios functions for android?
    08-24-2012 01:05 AM
    EDIT: ahh GESTURE? that would be really nice. is there an android app that can do that? using multiple finger gestures? or do apple own that?
    Yes on screen buttons waste screen space but it makes the bezel thinner.

Gesture. I don't think so but there is swipe pad. Kind if like smart taskbar except it actually swipes through the apps. I didn't like that either. I think they are really hard to use with cases on but hey you might like it.

And I don't think Apple does. There would be a billion lawsuits. I can literally turn this galaxy s3 into an iPhone. Everything from lock screen, icons, launcher, keyboard, messaging, contacts, dialer, notifications, the way settings look like. I honestly would try it if I had the time, money for the apps, and memory to do it. I wouldn't actually use it but it seems fun to make a mockery of the iPhone and its basicness
    08-24-2012 01:15 AM
    lol i like your way of thinkin man
    id like to swipe two fingers to get last app used, 3 to get the one before that etc, one to go back to original but im pretty sure ive read that somewhere already does that... probably apple lol.
    how about an app where u cover the motion sensor with your thvmb for fratction of a second to bring up task manager? i just hate holding that stupid home button lol.
    i saw a great app that uses the prox' sensor to switch the screen off when u put it in pocket but it was far too sensetive and activated when u tried to touch the status bar so uninstalled
    08-24-2012 01:25 AM
    ....even an app to calibrate how long we have to hold home button would be nice lol... id rather it was single tap for task manager and double for home
    08-24-2012 01:27 AM
    Haha. Yeah. I feel you man. I actually think there's X= all that switches between apps with a wave o over the phone kind of like that music app except this works with all apps I believe. I've been looking for it but I can't find it.

Yeah. The things you mention probably aren't possible in an app. At least not until you root and give super permissions.

Idk about international roms but the rom I'm running is awesome, a lot of user requests in here. He's going to try and add a long hold to the menu button for bringing up Google now so we can keep speed when clicking the home button. He's also been working on getting the hold the back button to kill apps mod find as well. All requested by users. I'll ask him next time we talk if its possible to get the multitasking with 2/3 fingers to work. Thanks for the idea
    08-24-2012 01:35 AM
    no probs man im STILL on stock but every day i wana root+flash more + more lol i have itchy thumbs defo gona wait til i get sick of official jb 1st though...
    08-24-2012 03:49 AM
    p.s what is the shortcut for Now gona be on s3?
    08-24-2012 03:52 AM
    Nova Launcher allows gestures such as those you mention. If I swipe up on desktop it opens up task manager. If I do double finger swipe up it opens one of my favorite apps. You can set it to whatever you'd like. Works very well if I do say so myself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-24-2012 05:09 AM
    yeah Go does similar maate but im thinkin of one that does it without returning to homepcreen if u know what i mean
    08-24-2012 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD