08-27-2012 06:22 AM
34 12
tools
    Samsung just got hit with a $1billion liability in favor of apple

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    that was in the US. was just pocket money in S Korea
    08-25-2012 12:36 PM
    aparently Motorola mobility (now owned by google) are planning a suit against apple though which basicly means google using its nukes and the patents they own are basic to how a phone works "i think" so this could be the monster that is google fimaly rising from her lair. correct me if im wrong please anyone, i just read little bits here and there
    Google will carefully rethink their strategy after this. If they go after apple, apple will use their entire patent portfolio against all of google's products. Needless to say, Google would not risk the loss of any of their core business, or android itself being taken down, when they know they can negotiate a license with apple.

After the verdict, the legal landscape is very very different.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2012 10:17 PM
    I dunno. Google may just decide enough is enough and start slapping Apple around.

I guess my main beef is that some of this stuff should have never been given a patent in the first place. Software patents are bad for everyone.
    08-25-2012 11:29 PM
    I dunno. Google may just decide enough is enough and start slapping Apple around.

I guess my main beef is that some of this stuff should have never been given a patent in the first place. Software patents are bad for everyone.
    Googles patent arsenal is not strong enough to take on apple directly. The majority of Motorola's patents are SEPs, and are useless for this kind of situation.

08-26-2012 03:54 AM
    Google will carefully rethink their strategy after this. If they go after apple, apple will use their entire patent portfolio against all of google's products. Needless to say, Google would not risk the loss of any of their core business, or android itself being taken down, when they know they can negotiate a license with apple.

After the verdict, the legal landscape is very very different.

yeah ur probably right mate. think we all agree its a sad day for mobile tech though?
    08-26-2012 03:58 AM
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ll-affect-you/

Good article on how this Apple victory will affect us.

Damn I wish Google would come in and save us
    08-26-2012 04:43 PM
    How Apple's victory over Samsung will affect you: The good and the bad | Digital Trends

Good article on how this Apple victory will affect us.

Damn I wish Google would come in and save us
    great read man thanks. the bit about "apple single handedly started the smartphone industry" gave me a laugh lol. my old Nokia Symbian s60 blew the 1st iphone out the water
    man im really gona miss finger gestures... using our fingers to manipulate things is a completely human trait! i didnt hate apple until now! now its war! i just hope motorola have enough strong patents up their sleeve to call a truce if thats possible
    08-27-2012 01:15 AM
    great read man thanks. the bit about "apple single handedly started the smartphone industry" gave me a laugh lol. my old Nokia Symbian s60 blew the 1st iphone out the water
    man im really gona miss finger gestures... using our fingers to manipulate things is a completely human trait! i didnt hate apple until now! now its war! i just hope motorola have enough strong patents up their sleeve to call a truce if thats possible
    Apple will license multi touch gestures. They've already made that clear. Samsung apparently didn't feel like paying for them, however.

08-27-2012 03:50 AM
    theyr gona have to pay but id imagine the cost will be too high imagine usin a phone without touch gestures??? il refuse any future update that removes it. the elastic sacroll bounce thing i can live without lol
    08-27-2012 06:22 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD