I did it! This one is actually for my wife (I currently have iPhone 4) but I'll have lots of time to play with it. Thanks for all the great info in this forum I've been reading up on android for the last few days. Can't wait until the phone arrives. If I like it, my next phone will be Galaxy s4 next year.

Come on UPS man deliver this phone...
    08-26-2012 05:50 PM
    Great choice but domestic tranquility may be an issue in the near-term. The next Galaxy S IV may be at least a year away.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    08-26-2012 06:01 PM
    Congrats on the decision. I've had mine for just over two weeks and realized a couple of days ago I could NEVER go back to the puny little screen of an iPhone. So I posted my old iP3G on Craigs List and sold it in about 12 hours. No looking back now.

I only wish some developer would release an official America Cup app like iTunes has so I can stream the audio of the races..GS3 is an amazing, well engineered, sexy device and am sure you'll love it!
    08-26-2012 06:33 PM
    Great choice but domestic tranquility may be an issue in the near-term. The next Galaxy S IV may be at least a year away.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device
    Not a problem for me. I'm in Canada on a contract with Rogers and its up next August. Should be perfect timing to go galaxy s4!
    08-26-2012 06:45 PM
    What you'll find is its hard going back to a tiny screen. Be patient though! I'm afraid iPhone 5 may just be a taller 4s with minor tweaks to iOS. I'm actually hoping the 5 is closer to what all the rumored 4s renders were, but that's not likely.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-26-2012 06:45 PM
    What you'll find is its hard going back to a tiny screen. Be patient though! I'm afraid iPhone 5 may just be a taller 4s with minor tweaks to iOS. I'm actually hoping the 5 is closer to what all the rumored 4s renders were, but that's not likely.

Well I know what's in ios6 since I'm running the beta on my iPhone 4. I don't get the Siri stuff or the FaceTime over 3G (which is stupid). iOS 6 isn't a huge departure from 5.1 so I won't be missing much. Sure iPhone 5 will most likely have a larger screen, faster processor and better camera but when it comes down to it it'll still be the same iPhone I already know.
    08-26-2012 08:11 PM
    Well I know what's in ios6 since I'm running the beta on my iPhone 4. I don't get the Siri stuff or the FaceTime over 3G (which is stupid). iOS 6 isn't a huge departure from 5.1 so I won't be missing much. Sure iPhone 5 will most likely have a larger screen, faster processor and better camera but when it comes down to it it'll still be the same iPhone I already know.
    Doing the same thing running iOS 6 beta on my 4s. The maps is good and the navigation is great. Aside from that people are going to looking real hard for the other features above 5.1.1.

08-26-2012 08:15 PM
    Congrats on the G3, I ordered mine today as well. There wasn't a 32GB in the store so I wait until Tuesday. Thanks to advice from the forum I have already ordered a Seidio active case with holster. Enjoy it in good health!
    08-26-2012 08:42 PM
    I also ordered a GS3 on Friday. This will replace my aging BlackBerry. My work has finally started allowing other devices.
    08-26-2012 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD