The long press on the home button takes way too long to pull up the recent app list. The length of the delay time should be an option.

Is there a way to shorten this without rooting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2012 08:28 PM
    How long does it take you to get the recent app list? It took me 2 sec which it is right for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    08-26-2012 09:21 PM
    You could also install Nova launcher and set it to the short press option.

Just a quick tap and it brings it up.
    ChuckeeDroid likes this.
    08-26-2012 09:23 PM
    Maybe it's just your phone cus when I press it it almost comes up instantly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-26-2012 09:31 PM
    How long does it take you to get the recent app list? It took me 2 sec which it is right for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    2 seconds is way too long for my liking. I would prefer 0.3 seconds or something much shorter.

08-26-2012 10:33 PM

Thanks! I'm going to check this out.

08-26-2012 10:35 PM
    Apex launcher does the same thing... I have the recent apps icon docked down at the bottom of my home screen. You find this icon in the Nova or Apex Actions menu.
    08-26-2012 11:39 PM

I did this on apex, only thing is I forget it doesn't work the same way in apps, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-27-2012 12:05 AM
    id rather it was one tap for recent apps and double tap for home. maybe jb touchwiz will give us options?
    08-27-2012 12:11 AM
    id rather it was one tap for recent apps and double tap for home. maybe jb touchwiz will give us options?
    if rather it do both like on web os press home and still have a cards view that didn't take up the entire screen or go over the dock and flick them away as please
    08-27-2012 12:20 AM
    ive never tried web os mate but ive heard its good. i remember a rumour samsung were gona buy it lol. someone should
    08-27-2012 12:23 AM
    Apex launcher does the same thing... I have the recent apps icon docked down at the bottom of my home screen. You find this icon in the Nova or Apex Actions menu.
    I've done something similar to this. Apex has an option to set actions to screen gestures. I've mapped the downswipe to show recent apps. This way, I'm not burning a dock slot for this.
    This is only a partial solution since I want the ability to show recent apps from within an app to switch between apps quickly. The 2 second delay is waaay too long.
    I really think there should be an option to map functions to the hardware button as well as the capacitive buttons. Even the Palm TX (if anyone remembers this...) had this ability.
    08-27-2012 12:52 AM
    I've done something similar to this. Apex has an option to set actions to screen gestures. I've mapped the downswipe to show recent apps. This way, I'm not burning a dock slot for this.
    This is only a partial solution since I want the ability to show recent apps from within an app to switch between apps quickly. The 2 second delay is waaay too long.
    I really think there should be an option to map functions to the hardware button as well as the capacitive buttons. Even the Palm TX (if anyone remembers this...) had this ability.
    so do these gestures work within any app? in that case i may have to give up my beloved go launcher
    08-27-2012 01:19 AM
    ive never tried web os mate but ive heard its good. i remember a rumour samsung were gona buy it lol. someone should
    Funny you say that... if Samsung would've bought them they might not have lost to Apple. I would post it but my copying and pasting in all my keyboards is not working. It's on webos nation.com can't miss it
    08-27-2012 01:29 AM
    was that the article u posted in the other thread mate?
    08-27-2012 01:35 AM
    so do these gestures work within any app? in that case i may have to give up my beloved go launcher
    Unfortunately only from the homescreen. this is why I'm looking for a way to shorten the long press delay.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    08-27-2012 07:06 AM
    I'm running the leak and it doesn't seem that way yet

08-27-2012 07:44 AM
    i still wonder if theres a way to use the proximity sensor set to low sensetivity as a makeshift capacative button that could be used to trigger task manager (or any quick launch thing we can think of)...
    08-27-2012 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD