Why the galaxy s3?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
What phone did you have before and why did you house he galaxy s3?

I had the iPhone 4s before. I got the gs3 to get 4g, a huge screen, and overall better specs than any phones on Verizon right now.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Palm Pre :/

-WebOS was dead
-My pre was dead
-I needed the best phone on the market that wasn't an iPhone
-Based on the sells of the galaxy s and galaxy s2 I knew that the s3 was the one for me.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Note (which I still have collecting dust)

S3 has Better specs and looks nicer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
OG Droid. Made the switch because our contract was up and wanted another 2 years before having to go to VZW's share everything plan. I wasn't as concerned about losing unlimited data but the fact that for our situation we'd lose unlimited and have to pay roughly $60 more a month.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 4S. And loved it. I just like to mix things up a bit from time to time. Like when in had my iPhone 4 and went to the Inspire 4G only to return to iPhone again. I'll probably just keep going from iOS to android and so on lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry 9810 was my primary driver until the GS3 whose speed, performance, functionality and customizabiility won me over. I was getting tired of waiting for better hardware and BB10.

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Htc sensation, my reason was simple every year I pic up a phone from a different oem to keep it fresh and to try out the different android variants, it just so happend Samsung was up for grabs this year :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the galaxy 1 for 2 and half years. Bought a rezound had it for a week to try something different and ended back up on the galaxy. I love it. Don't get me wrong though the rezound was a great phone. Just couldn't get over that is was the same cost as the galaxy 3. Rooting and unlocking bootloader was also a PIA even though I got it to work lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Error37

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was using the BlackBerry Bold9900 i switched because my bb was dying due to physical damage on my part. :(
I chose S3 simply because I wanted something different and a larger screen.
So far the S3 hasn't disappointed me but still miss many of the bb features i'm accustomed to. Nevertheless i'm loving my S3.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
DROID razr...
Motorola pissed me of when they dropped the maxx right after I got the regular razr... Then Verizon finally got the s series and the thought of buying into one series of phone a year knowing the manufacturer wouldn't turn around and out do my month old purchase.... Kinda wanted that once a year iphone feeling but on a top android device... I'm a recovering phone addict looking to settle on one device, one line.. I think the Galaxy S line has got me......... So far ;)

Sent from my GS3....

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Had a Dinc 2 which was a verizon replacement for my Fascinate .

Why? well my line was up for upgrade and I fell in love with the features of the phone, and it hasn't disapointed.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I had the BlackBerry Torch 9860 and changed for this great S3 though I miss some functionallity of BB OS7 like BBM, unified inbox, e-mail integration and louder speaker. For the rest hated that virtual keyboard, poor battery life and constant freezes and battery pulls.
Cheers,
Alex

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Last phone was a Blackberry Bold 9000, got it when it was their flagship model.

There isn't a better phone than the SGS3 available right now, which is Samsungs flagship at the moment. I like to have the best.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Palm Pre :/

-WebOS was dead
-My pre was dead
-I needed the best phone on the market that wasn't an iPhone
-Based on the sells of the galaxy s and galaxy s2 I knew that the s3 was the one for me.

Yeah, what he said!

My contract was expiring at just about the time my Pal Pre was getting flaky. Was between the GS3 and the Evo 4G LTE. I think the 2GB RAM ended up being the deciding factor.

greasemuntney

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 4 and loved it. Just wanted to try something different and with a bigger screen. Hate the fact that Apple with all the resources could not go to a bigger screen. I got the GS3 and so far I LOVE IT!!! I have been a iOS user for 4+ years, I can say it is taking some getting use to but I will manage. I do miss somethings from iOS but the other things my GS3 does makes up for them. I will be a DROID user for some time and looking forward to getting rooted and hacking the stew out of this thing. Oh the stock iPhone sucked but with it JB was pretty darn awesome. But my GS3 does almost all I wanted from a JB iPhone.
I think I made a good chose!