09-17-2012 11:00 AM
31 12
tools
    You've either been lucky or simply don't throw too many variable formats at it. I agree though, it does play a ton more than most other stock players - my Droid 2 stock player wouldn't play .mkv but the S3 one does. But I have lots of movies/videos in MP4, MKV, AVI with different codecs (xVid, DivX, etc), and some videos just have some issues with the stock player. The two main things are audio not playing (mostly with MP4's) and audio out of sync issues. None of these problems using MX Player. Plus, if I recall correctly the stock player doesn't have the cool slide up/down on the left/right to control volume and brightness like a lot of other third party vendors do.

Even a single file format like MP4 can has so many variables to the codecs and settings to make things not work across all fronts. For example, with MP4 you can use AAC for the audio or MP3 etc. Avi's can be xVid, DivX, H.264, etc.

Rev.
    Eh I'm a cord cutter I get all my tv and movies from the internet so I've thrown plenty of codecs at it, and as I've said I haven't had any issues. Maybe it's the quality of where I get my stuff from perhaps. Are you running your stuff from the SD card or from the on board memory the stock player might have issues reading off an external SD who knows. As long as MX works for you I suppose it doesn't matter.
    08-29-2012 04:04 PM
    I play around with it but just waiting for the moment where it actually comes in handy. lol

Geaux SAINTS!
    08-29-2012 05:52 PM
    From my experience VPlayer is the best one. MX is definitely better than mbo; i have not tried act 1. I watch a lot of movies on my phone and have tried lots of the different apps. The thing separating VPlayer from MX is that VPlayer just does it smoother with less battery drain. Honestly if you have not tried it and your loving hard on MX give the free 7 day demo a try. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

"What player do you use" topics always pop up and it seems the majority always recommend MX. For good reason too, as it is a good player. It certainly appears to be the most popular choice; it is also the most rated one in the Play Store by far if i remember correctly. Though most popular certainly does not mean that it is the best.
    08-30-2012 12:45 AM
    I have been using Vital Player since I had my evo, and it's my favorite one. It plays everything.
    08-30-2012 01:52 AM
    Thank you so much for this post. I had a video that was driving me crazy because there wasn't any sound. Downloaded MX Player and I'm good to go!!!
    09-17-2012 10:53 AM
    Thank you so much for this post. I had a video that was driving me crazy because there wasn't any sound. Downloaded MX Player and I'm good to go!!!
    You see!! This is PROOF right here!!! I don't freakin lie!!! lol!
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-17-2012 11:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD