Let Us Rejoice

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, let's not forget that pinch to zoom was not even part of this lawsuit - apple has never gone after anyone for that. (I don't think they even hold a patent for it? )

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Also, no one is claiming apple invented capacitive screens, so throwing out that little barb does nothing to help your argument.

Lol at your snippiness. Go have a beer and easy down fella. And for the record I wasn't "arguing" anything.

*EDIT - one last thing since you said pinch to zoom was basically non-existent before the iPhone, there was a product called the DiamondTouch developed in 2001, it has multi-touch and they used the same basic pinch to zoom/shrink gestures that the iPhone used in it's 2007 release:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/08/pi...-demonstrated-to-apple-by-adam-bogue-in-2003/

It was also demonstrated to Apple in 2003. Watch the video at the bottom. Pretty obvious where Apple got the idea from.

Rev.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol at your snippiness. Go have a beer and easy down fella. And for the record I wasn't "arguing" anything.

*EDIT - one last thing since you said pinch to zoom was basically non-existent before the iPhone, there was a product called the DiamondTouch developed in 2001, it has multi-touch and they used the same basic pinch to zoom/shrink gestures that the iPhone used in it's 2007 release:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/08/pi...-demonstrated-to-apple-by-adam-bogue-in-2003/

It was also demonstrated to Apple in 2003. Watch the video at the bottom. Pretty obvious where Apple got the idea from.

Rev.

Did I say multi touch didn't exist? Nope. I said it was almost nonexistent, and certainly didn't exist in the mobile world.

Also, go read the verges coverage of the trial. Diamond touch wasn't the prior art Samsung (and you just now) are making it out to be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Probably because they weren't yet using multi-touch capable capacitive screens ;) - something Apple didn't even invent.

Rev.

exactly. How would pinch-to-zoom even work on a blackberry phone? Pinch-to-zoom was already used on computers with touch screen and on tvs before Apple put them on phones.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Cites please.

I personally don't know of any TV's or major consumer market devices that used pinch to zoom before the iPhone, But there were some products, pinch to zoom was on the Diamond Touch many years before Appple used it and the designer of it said he demonstrated it to Apple in 2003. I did a quick search and apparently there was also Microsoft Surface 1.0 which was announced in 2007 and shipped in 2008, it too had pinch to zoom. There's a video that demonstrates it in this wiki page:

Microsoft PixelSense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept has also been done in movies such as Minority Report in 2002. TV's though? None that I know of.

Rev.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't know of any TV's or major consumer market devices that used pinch to zoom before the iPhone, But there were some products, pinch to zoom was on the Diamond Touch many years before Appple used it and the designer of it said he demonstrated it to Apple in 2003. I did a quick search and apparently there was also Microsoft Surface 1.0 which was announced in 2007 and shipped in 2008, it too had pinch to zoom. There's a video that demonstrates it in this wiki page:

Microsoft PixelSense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept has also been done in movies such as Minority Report in 2002. TV's though? None that I know of.

Rev.

Consumer market is the key word.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Consumer market is the key word.

Apple definitely did get this out first to the consumer market, no doubt about that and no argument from me there. I only get annoyed when people act that Apple has invented or first conceptualized a number of things they didn't.

Rev.

awdorrin

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why you believe that patents require a company to release a product to 'the consumer marketplace', or why you think a prior art patent would specifically have to call out being for a mobile phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why you believe that patents require a company to release a product to 'the consumer marketplace', or why you think a prior art patent would specifically have to call out being for a mobile phone.
Who's discussing the patents? Apple doesn't even have a pinch to zoom patent.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Show me where myself and Rev were discussing patents. We weren't.

I personally wasn't discussing patents when taking about pinch to zoom but more the concept and how many claim Apple conceptualized it. I went through the thread though and found this by you:

If pinch to zoom and double tap are so obvious, then why did no phones use it prior to the iPhone, but all smartphones use it after?

Not debating the validity of the patent,

Rev.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I personally wasn't discussing patents when taking about pinch to zoom but more the concept and how many claim Apple conceptualized it. I went through the thread though and found this by you:

Rev.

Thank you for proving my point. I wasn't discussing the validity of patents because I wasn't even interested in talking about patents. (because apple doesn't have a pinch to zoom patent)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois