11-13-2012 06:29 PM
133 12345 ...
tools
    I hope it will break in over time and get easier. But for now I just thave to remember to press harder than I usually do.
    that would destroy me lol. love a nice responsive screen.
    im gona stay a nudist (screen wise)
    ..sorry just realised u mean the buttons not the screen.
    try "wave control" for switching on/off (i only use it for "off"

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 05:40 PM
    Comming from a blackberry I still like my slip case. I lost it (my slip case) earlier this week and I ordered the same one as I had from the UK again. I have a TPU case right now and I hate it.

Here is the link to the case. The case fits my wife's S2 (a bit snug) and the HTC ONE and S3 perfectly. And for under $10 shipped accross an ocean it's not too bad.
    PREMIUM PU LEATHER PUL TAB CASE COVER POUCH FOR VARIOUS MOBILE PHONES 13 COLOURS | eBay

I have a Phantom Skin Chromatic over the back and sides (In black metalic wood finish) and I find it adds a nice bit of grip onto the device.
    Here is the link to the skin:
    Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Samsung Galaxy S3- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers
    09-27-2012 08:42 PM
    Naked as a jaybird...
    09-27-2012 09:04 PM
    Naked as a jaybird...
    aaaugh stupid vivid imagination

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 09:17 PM
    This is a common complaint it seems. Mine should be in tomorrow. I opted to return my defender because of the disappointing screen protector, I don't see it being worth the money if I have to punch out the screen protector.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    All built im screen protectors are gonna be suckish; punch it out and stick a zagg hd on that bad boy,the Ob Def. will cover up what little the zagg shield doesn't. Its worth it man,the protection and the clarity of it. Well worth it.

Sent from my S3(:
    09-27-2012 09:26 PM
    All built im screen protectors are gonna be suckish; punch it out and stick a zagg hd on that bad boy,the Ob Def. will cover up what little the zagg shield doesn't. Its worth it man,the protection and the clarity of it. Well worth it.

Sent from my S3(:
    I was seriously considering doing this. I have on mine now the spigen nano crystal and it's pretty amazing. I'm sure it doesn't have the protection that ZAGG offers but man it looks good, like not having a screen protector.

Think I may wait a bit, see if I can get the defender for cheap. Was able to get the razr defender case for $11 on Amazon, hopefully I'll come across that again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 09:47 PM
    Just saw this thread.
    Anyhoo mine is naked too,just an blue aluminum back cover on it more for cosmetic appearance then protection .I got the White version of the S3 but with the aluminum back cover I can switch it up whenever I feel like. I kinda like the little bit of added weight it adds to the phone.
    09-28-2012 05:18 AM
    I use the Hyperion extended battery as well. There must be a case for the phone with the extended battery but I haven't checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-28-2012 05:57 AM
    I would have gone w/o a case (nekid!) and just a screen protector >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. I think the SGS3 looks great nekid, but it is too slippery! I also love how thin it is. Maybe someone can make a set of side stickers for the phone that are sticky. How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting. I'd still hate to cover up that chrome.
    09-28-2012 07:15 AM
    Order a Zagg Extreme. Completely scratch and break proof so no need for a case! (its a clear protector that covers the whole phone) you should look it up on Zagg.com....it's a life saver...

09-28-2012 04:17 PM
    I would have gone w/o a case (nekid!) and just a screen protector >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. I think the SGS3 looks great nekid, but it is too slippery! I also love how thin it is. Maybe someone can make a set of side stickers for the phone that are sticky. How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting. I'd still hate to cover up that chrome.
    tbh the matte DecalGirl skins decals add a textured non slip feel mate. it use a case though. buy my 99p (1.40) rubber case lol trustme

09-28-2012 05:02 PM
    There's always the Samsung ultra slim cover--next best thing to carrying the phone naked. Thin & transparent, so the phone's not hidden, but provides some grip so that you don't drop the phone.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-...ETC-2PKSCEGSTA

funkylogik likes this.
    09-28-2012 10:59 PM
    There's always the Samsung ultra slim cover--next best thing to carrying the phone naked. Thin & transparent, so the phone's not hidden, but provides some grip so that you don't drop the phone.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-...ETC-2PKSCEGSTA

nice but seems a bit expensive for what it is..

09-28-2012 11:18 PM
    Regarding the Samsung clear case: I have a very similar case on my sammy right now. Shows the chrome, and my DecaGirl decals. While my current case is quite thin, it's still more bulk on a good looking phone. As many have said, It's a real shame to cover it up - but it's so damn slippery. Thanks for the ideas though.
    10-01-2012 07:17 AM
    I wouldn't recommend going without a case....it cost me $329.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-01-2012 07:33 AM
    I'm using the Verizon case with built in kickstand and holster. I like it a lot. Was using the same type of case on my 4S. I might pick up a defender or one of those Samsung flip cases. Those are VERY professional looking!!
    10-01-2012 07:34 AM
    . . . >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. . . . How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting.
    http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...atment-118683/

Seems like the third-party folks have been keeping an eye on my posts and grabbing up my great ideas. No sooner than I say there needs to be a grippy treatment for the edges of the SGS3, they snap up my idea and run with it. Now, just got to come up with and extra 5 large.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-01-2012 12:05 PM
    I'm using the Verizon case with built in kickstand and holster. I like it a lot. Was using the same type of case on my 4S. I might pick up a defender or one of those Samsung flip cases. Those are VERY professional looking!!
    i use this one mate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080D...cUvbUpU2200036

and its really slick

10-01-2012 12:40 PM
    i use this one mate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080D...cUvbUpU2200071

and its really slick

Oh my, that one is NICE!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    10-01-2012 12:58 PM
    Oh my, that one is NICE!

its Samsung endorsed and doesnt add much thickness. id be fairly happy to drop it from pocket height but not ear height. one minor problem is theres no charging slot when its closed but it is really nice when youre out and wana look smart lol

10-01-2012 01:18 PM
    I use the otterbox commuter with a zagg hd screen protector on my S3 so far no drops or knocks but I wouldn't trust myself to have it naked.
    The otterbox is really good but adds considerable bulk to the phone which isn't ideal but I can live with it.
    I would say that the back of the otterbox is still pretty slippery so there's still a chance of dropping it.

Sent from my S3 via Tapatalk
    10-01-2012 01:43 PM
    its Samsung endorsed and doesnt add much thickness. id be fairly happy to drop it from pocket height but not ear height. one minor problem is theres no charging slot when its closed but it is really nice when youre out and wana look smart lol

I might sneak out and get one of those before I go back to work on tomorrow. Or at least the Samsung endorsed flip from Verizon!

10-01-2012 02:07 PM
    I might sneak out and get one of those before I go back to work on tomorrow. Or at least the Samsung endorsed flip from Verizon!

cool. flip cases work great with "wave control" app.. you can set it to switch the phone off by closing the case (mega slick)

10-01-2012 02:13 PM
    cool. flip cases work great with "wave control" app.. you can set it to switch the phone off by closing the case (mega slick)

Oh wow...I had NO idea! Lemme take the wife somewhere this evening so I'll have a reason to slide by a Verizon store. LOL

10-01-2012 02:42 PM
    Oh wow...I had NO idea! Lemme take the wife somewhere this evening so I'll have a reason to slide by a Verizon store. LOL

lmao i like your thinking mate

10-01-2012 02:47 PM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD