funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I would have gone w/o a case (nekid!) and just a screen protector >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. I think the SGS3 looks great nekid, but it is too slippery! I also love how thin it is. Maybe someone can make a set of side stickers for the phone that are sticky. How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting. I'd still hate to cover up that chrome.

tbh the matte DecalGirl skins decals add a textured non slip feel mate. it use a case though. buy my 99p (?1.40) rubber case lol trustme ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
There's always the Samsung ultra slim cover--next best thing to carrying the phone naked. Thin & transparent, so the phone's not hidden, but provides some grip so that you don't drop the phone.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ETC-2PKSCEGSTA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nice but seems a bit expensive for what it is..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Samsung clear case: I have a very similar case on my sammy right now. Shows the chrome, and my DecaGirl decals. While my current case is quite thin, it's still more bulk on a good looking phone. As many have said, It's a real shame to cover it up - but it's so damn slippery. Thanks for the ideas though.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon case with built in kickstand and holster. I like it a lot. Was using the same type of case on my 4S. I might pick up a defender or one of those Samsung flip cases. Those are VERY professional looking!!

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
. . . >>IF<< Samsung had made the side chrome trim knurled. . . . How about that gritty stuff they stick to stairs to make them non slip. Kinda like sandpaper with adheasive on the back. If there were some strips of stuff about 5 x 50 mm for the edge, that might be interesting.

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-gets-the-rapper-swag-treatment-118683/

Seems like the third-party folks have been keeping an eye on my posts and grabbing up my great ideas. No sooner than I say there needs to be a grippy treatment for the edges of the SGS3, they snap up my idea and run with it. Now, just got to come up with and extra 5 large.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh my, that one is NICE!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

its Samsung endorsed and doesnt add much thickness. id be fairly happy to drop it from pocket height but not ear height. one minor problem is theres no charging slot when its closed but it is really nice when youre out and wana look smart lol :)

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the otterbox commuter with a zagg hd screen protector on my S3 so far no drops or knocks but I wouldn't trust myself to have it naked.
The otterbox is really good but adds considerable bulk to the phone which isn't ideal but I can live with it.
I would say that the back of the otterbox is still pretty slippery so there's still a chance of dropping it.

Sent from my S3 via Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
its Samsung endorsed and doesnt add much thickness. id be fairly happy to drop it from pocket height but not ear height. one minor problem is theres no charging slot when its closed but it is really nice when youre out and wana look smart lol :)

I might sneak out and get one of those before I go back to work on tomorrow. Or at least the Samsung endorsed flip from Verizon!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I might sneak out and get one of those before I go back to work on tomorrow. Or at least the Samsung endorsed flip from Verizon!

cool. flip cases work great with "wave control" app.. you can set it to switch the phone off by closing the case (mega slick) :)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
cool. flip cases work great with "wave control" app.. you can set it to switch the phone off by closing the case (mega slick) :)

Oh wow...I had NO idea! Lemme take the wife somewhere this evening so I'll have a reason to slide by a Verizon store. LOL

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow...I had NO idea! Lemme take the wife somewhere this evening so I'll have a reason to slide by a Verizon store. LOL

lmao i like your thinking mate :)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I use the otterbox commuter with a zagg hd screen protector on my S3 so far no drops or knocks but I wouldn't trust myself to have it naked.
The otterbox is really good but adds considerable bulk to the phone which isn't ideal but I can live with it.
I would say that the back of the otterbox is still pretty slippery so there's still a chance of dropping it.

Sent from my S3 via Tapatalk

Yes it is quite slippery. But luckily if you drop it it'll be fine so no worries.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Otterbox is the farthest away you can get from naked.

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I never put a case on because (1) I simply don't drop my phone, (2) I don't like the extra bulk, (3) and, regardless of the how cool the case is, it takes away from the natural aesthetic of the phone. A naked phone is a pure and beautiful phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20