sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Rock Quicksand. I got the light gray and it looks good with my white S3. It doesn't look like it will do much in terms of drop protection, but it does look like it'll work to prevent damage from normal day-to-day use. The front bezel is raised enough to keep the screen clear of flat surfaces. The camera cutout has a subtly raised lip and protects the lens cover similarly. It's a slim case and has a nice texture that improves grip.

I had a matte black Diztronic TPU case and while that was more protective, it was a little too slippery for me. I also didn't like how the lip of the case around the bezel (esp near the volume rockers) would flop around and feel like a loose bit of rubberband.

For me, the Rock Quicksand is a good compromise between protection and sleekness.

Alfonsca

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have 7 different cases (to fit my mood). Today I have the feather ultra-light hard shell by Incipio on (no bulk whatsoever and pretty great protection). Well, I dropped it not once but TWICE (once on elevator floor and second on concrete) and sadly, got my 1st ding (had my phone since July 9th). I have no idea how it happened but I dented the metal right on top of the charge port opening (can only see it when trying to connect the charger so that's a +)?! Trying to "embrace" the ding as a "character flaw," but as one could imagine from having 7 cases, I suppose I am kinda neurotic about my devices. lol. But the case saved me from possible greater destruction at no bulk expense. Never go NAKED! ;)

Amazon.com: Incipio SA-301 Feather Ultra-Light Hard Shell Case for Samsung Galaxy S III - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Iridescent Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

robpasell

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a case. I'm pretty careful with my phones though. I will eventually put an OB Commuter on it.

I'm on my 5th gen Android, and I've never had a case for any of them. The only phone I've ever put a case on is my BB 9930, but it's a work phone.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1348677824788.jpg

The case is getting really discolored. It's much darker than the photo shows.

I'm trying to go without a case and see how I like it. So far I prefer it.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't want a cover but its just too damn slippery. So I got a cruzerlite case which still keeps it thin and light but gives it some grip. Just enough to not slip off my couch.

What would be cool though is if the made a back cover that had some non-slip material. I wouldn't mind one.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the flip case cos I wanted to give the screen some protection without adding bulk...does that count as naked?:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a family friendly environment. No nudity only the OB Defender case.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 38691

The case is getting really discolored. It's much darker than the photo shows.

I'm trying to go without a case and see how I like it. So far I prefer it.

all my cases and battery covers on multiple androids have discoloured (looks almost like theyve been burned) around the back top corner (flash side on the s3) and thats the part i touch least. any ideas anyone?

EDIT: just realised while typing, i hold my cigarette directly under that spot lol DUH!! :banghead:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i use this one at home:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2190276

check out the price, delivery and a crap (unused) screen protector included :)
total bargain, fits snugly and feels great in the hand.
wouldnt recomend it for pocket use (too sticky)

i use this for pocket:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0080D1GGQ?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2190276

no screen protector and NO scratches in 4months but i have gorgeous decalgirl skin
uploadfromtaptalk1348690377959.jpg
its always nice to go naked sometimes and really appreciate the design :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I go naked while in the house. It's carpeted and less like to break other than that I either keep the other box on or this slim case I bought from inside the mall

pkgear

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
if you were to place your naked g3 on a table, would the table hit the camera glass?
has this scratched the camera before?
i love the naked look but thinking about a case also..

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I rolled my naked for the first month or so with no problem. I'm sure I got a few scratches on the back cover....But nothing I am worried about! Just do not drop it! You may cry. You have been warned!

:D

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Over the years every time I buy a case I use it for a couple of weeks then snatch it off. I have never found a case I like good enough to use every day so I usually just go naked.

Sent from my Paranoid Android Galaxy S3.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I use an Otterbox defender, better safe than sorry. I got this phone back in the middle of June before there were many cases, and I found that naked, it was just too slippery. I'm not clumsy by any means, but I wear basketball shorts, and typical Adidas/Nike workout pants a lot and there's no guarantee that the phone won't slip out of my pockets on its own. Also I got a small scratch on my screen when I was going naked. It's hardly noticeable, and I really have to look for it even still, but it's annoying knowing it's there.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I would love to go Naked with this device but I feel with the slippery plastic that I would drop it. I am using an elago Slim Fit case. Same concept as the Barely There case by Case-Mate but has a more solid build.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane