anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to have the huge Otterbox Defender on my Thunderbolt but now I find it easier just to buy the $5 silicone cases because they have the rubbery bounce back of the Otterbox and they're super cheap, if one breaks I can just order one online for a few dollars with shipping not to mention they're super thin and handy (I find the back of the phone to be a perfect place to put spare cash, debit card, etc. No one would know to look there and if you lose the device with the items there are literally a hundred and one find my phone apps that work amazingly well).

I would rather take my device nude but I know that if I want any chance of resell value then it needs at lease some type of case but DO NOT buy into the whole Otterbox thing!! Those things rip, tear, the rubber heats up and stretches out, the plastic cracks, and the list goes on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I never put a case on because (1) I simply don't drop my phone, (2) I don't like the extra bulk, (3) and, regardless of the how cool the case is, it takes away from the natural aesthetic of the phone. A naked phone is a pure and beautiful phone.

yeah but if you wear a case all day and then take it off at night, you REALLY appreciate the aesthetics :)
plus when u get used to a cheap rubber case, it just becomes easier to type, browse, game on. like this one (check out the price)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2202694

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I never put a case on because (1) I simply don't drop my phone, (2) I don't like the extra bulk, (3) and, regardless of the how cool the case is, it takes away from the natural aesthetic of the phone. A naked phone is a pure and beautiful phone.

You can't say you simply don't drop your phone because no matter how much you defend your device from the ground theres a thing called gravity that will always be working against you! :) Just like today, I had my phone in my hand when someone walked by and bumped into me unexpectedly causing my phone to fall out of my hand, bounce off a bench and then land face down on the concrete. Now I had a small TPU case on my Razr (this thing is almost indestructible without the case but you can never be too safe!) but if it would have broken then what? It wasn't my fault and it wasn't necessarily the other person's fault but yet I would be stuck with a broken device and no one to pay my Asurion deductible!

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone twice already. Nothing happened but I'm ticked that it happened. No scratch at all. Lucky me

"may the odds be in your favor"

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox defender. Works even better if you have the Spigen ultra nano on your phone before putting the defender on. Yea sounds crazy, 2 screen protectors but trust me it works great.

I don't think it works like this with other screen protector brands.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The SIII is so thin that it's awkward and hard to hold. I use the white UAG (Urban Armor Gear) case and I love it. It's the coolest looking case, IMO, and it adds much less bulk than the photos would lead you to believe.

UrbanArmorGearComposite-SamsungGalaxySIII-White.jpg

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
that is actualy hardcore looking. what kinda price is it?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
that is actualy hardcore looking. what kinda price is it?

Anywhere from $25 to $35 on Amazon. The price fluctuates a good amount for some odd reason. Black and orange are also available with more colors on the way.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
black sounds sweet. ill check out Amazon UK :)

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a door to a spaceship. :)

Pretty cool though!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

like something from star wars, futuristic and industrial lookin. really nice :)

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT buy into the whole Otterbox thing!! Those things rip, tear, the rubber heats up and stretches out, the plastic cracks, and the list goes on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

So you keep the receipt and the serial number that's on the box, and if ANYTHING ever happens to it....you call them, and they send you a new one.....for life. Seems like pretty good customer service to me.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So you keep the receipt and the serial number that's on the box, and if ANYTHING ever happens to it....you call them, and they send you a new one.....for life. Seems like pretty good customer service to me.

Yes indeed! I've done it, my wife's done it... shoot EVERYBODY's doing it. :D

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You don't need your receipt or box but it helps. I had them replace a defender for my razr and all she asked for were some numbers inscribed inside the silicone.

And yes their customer support is amazing. She sent me a brand new full case even though all I really needed was the outer silicone. For free, didn't have to send the old one back. Amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can someone pm me their serial numbers so i can try n get myself a free-bee lol? :p

leegodsell

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks