Hey iphone 4 and 4s converts!!!!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a few friends who are in the fence about getting a GS3 or sticking with the iphone..I have suggested that they wait until the 5 since they seem to like their iphone and make the decision then... But if you could, post how you feel about making the change... So I can share this Page with them....

Pros:

Cons:

Overall:

Sent from my GS3....

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Easy.

Pros:
Galaxy has Android, endless customization, freedom to do whatever they want.
Samsung is a great company with high-quality electronics, and has developed many contributions to the world of such.
Even if your phone goes to hell in a handbasket, ESPECIALLY with a Samsung device, it is almost always recoverable via the software utilities available.
Samsung is very developer, user, and hacker friendly. Their software is simple.

Cons:
The only con about the non-dev SGS3 is that it has a lot of apps pre-installed, however it is not slow at all and gives those who like sharing media tons of ways to do so.

iphone is stuck just about the way it is. Even if you do jailbreak it and change the way stuff looks, it is all just about identical to how it was when it started, albeit with different colors/graphics/sounds. No advanced backup/restore features that I am aware of. No fixing yourself if something goes wrong. Drop it once and it's done (most-of-the-time).

apple is morally bankrupt and doesn't design anything. They steal others' ideas, patent them, then sue the creator for IP ownership.

apple support is terrible, they charge too much for purchase, repair, accessories, and just about everything else. The ONLY thing that is "free" is their support phone calls (if you don't count the fact that they are mentally and emotionally taxing).

In case you couldn't tell, I also Hate apple and try to steer as many people away from it as I can (from experience of working with apple devices/support vs. the rest of the world of electronics.

So, to sum it up, I recommend the SGS3 over the iphone X (insert number with small change and big price difference here).

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I hate em too... Just wanted my friends to see their fellow former iphone users views once they got a GS3 instead of my own

Sent from my GS3....

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I hate em too... Just wanted my friends to see their fellow former iphone users views once they got a GS3 instead of my own

Sent from my GS3....

Yep, just offering from my brother's experience with his 4S! I think his next phone will be a GS3 soon.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 3G for the past 4 years. At that time, there were few choices for smart phones and Android was pretty lame. I had to exchange my phone FIVE times due to battery problems as well as see it turn to a drunk slug in quick sand when Apple stupidly released iOS 4 which was optimized for the iPhone 4 but NOT the 3 or 3GS. That's when my enchantment began to dissolve.

I've had my GS3 for about 2 1/2 weeks and won't look back.

Pros: HD 4.8" screen that dwarfs the iPhone.
FAST, smooth experience
Learning curve from iOS to Android is a no brainer
HUGE number of GREAT FREE apps in the Play Store including cool games
Selection of keyboards for all types of situations
Expandable memory at low cost (picked up a 32 gb Class 10 micoSD for $30)
Removable battery that's far bigger than any iPhone battery
Choices, choices, choices (including color of the phone)
Completely customizable to your taste and style
HUGE development community working to create faster, cooler systems
Sexy, thin and much more advanced than Apple products
Choice, choice, choice

Cons:
Screen isn't as visible in sunlight as iPhone but can be adjusted
Not all apps in iTunes are available in the Play Store.... YET!

That's it for now.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 3G for the past 4 years. At that time, there were few choices for smart phones and Android was pretty lame. I had to exchange my phone FIVE times due to battery problems as well as see it turn to a drunk slug in quick sand when Apple stupidly released iOS 4 which was optimized for the iPhone 4 but NOT the 3 or 3GS. That's when my enchantment began to dissolve.

I've had my GS3 for about 2 1/2 weeks and won't look back.

FAST, smooth experience
Choice, choice, choice

Cons:

That's it for now.

Pretty much this for me too. I have had every version of the iPhone since it first came out, (all 5 generations), an iPad, iMac and MacBook, AppleTV, etc., and was heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem then I guess with the disappointing iOS 6 (which I had on my 4S) and the current rumors of a stretched 4" screen, something just clicked. After mulling over it for a month or so I went last Friday and bought a GS3. Haven't looked back. I really wanted a bigger screen, and I have wanted a UI refresh in the iPhone for a while, and decided that even if Apple surprised us with a larger, wider model and I liked the hardware I still wouldn't be happy with the software. Put that with my changed opinion that I felt like Android finally "got there" with ICS and now JB, I figured what the hell, it was time for a change.

Needless to say I am very happy with my decision. I still like iPhones and Apple products for the most part, but it feels good to use something different and have the freedom to do more and demand more out of my phone, especially since I'm a heavy user. The iPhone just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Plus, it's good to talk about something that doesn't begin with a lower case "i" haha :D

Reactions: the1m.polo

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Pros: way more customizable
Bigger screen is far easier for reading
Hardware is fast

Cons: bit of a learning curve if you're not very techie

The con really wouldn't be a con for me, but I've seen my wife struggle a bit the last 2 days understanding how to do things. She's only ever known iOS so all the different gestures and menus are a bit overwhelming to her, in iOS it's pretty hard to get lost since the interface is so simple.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
"Put that with my changed opinion that I felt like Android finally "got there" with ICS and now JB, I figured what the hell, it was time for a change."

Yea I've been with Android for a while and I 100% agree... Android finally "got there" I think JB will go head to head with any OS & imo beat it... It's just as fluid as wp7 and it's got all that iOS offers plus some..... Now android has to focus on making apps uniform and better

Sent from my GS3....

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Pros:
4.8" Super Amoled HD 720P display.
Camera quality is second to none.
Jellybean update which includes Google Now looks really impressive!
App selection is decent.
Phone is snappy now, but wait till project butter!

CONS:
Touchwiz overlay on Android ICS isn't as polished as iOS.
The ICS, and Jellybean keyboards are excellent, but sadly aren't an option on the S3, and in my opinion none of the available options are good enough(Minor gripe)
Not user friendly with 1 handed use like the iPhone.

Overall it comes down to personal preference. I switched because I wanted a larger display on my smartphone, and Apple wasn't going to offer me that. Is the experience the same or better here with the SIII? Well it's close. I can do everything I was doing on my iPhone with the SIII It's going to come down to whether or not they mind having a substantially larger device or not. I've gotten used to the size of this, and did a lot of research, and knew what I was getting into before I made the switch. Hope that helps.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Pros:
Bigger screen
Flexibility & Customization
More free apps
Open source
Faster processor
More RAM
Bigger battery - replaceable with lots of choices depending on need
Did I mention bigger screen!
Great looking device
Expandability with SD card option
Color choices!!! (New)

Cons:
Camera not as good, but more options on GS3
Customer support - no Apple Care or Genius Bar. This IS A BIG DEAL if you are the type that needs to talk to an actual intelligent support person. If you can get by on forums like this or dealing with the gurus at the carrier then GS3 is fine
Bluetooth - GS3 cannot connect to 2 headsets. If AUX cable is plugged in BT headset won't work. S-Voice doesn't connect to BT headset mic.
USB - cannot connect to USB hub in vehicles to stream music and control music with the vehicle's stereo controls and song / artist info does not display since it won't stream via USB.
No iTunes Sync - Must create alternative work arounds for music/photo syncing (no iTunes auto sync) . There are several good work arounds though. I use iSyncr and it works great!

There is a learning curve coming to Android. For me the curve was all the flexibility that was at my finger tips. It really is cool how much you can tinker and make the phone your own versus a very sterile UI.

I tried Android a little over a year ago and went back to an iPhone when the 4S came out. I had the Droid Charge and it was very troublesome. When I saw the S3 I felt like the time was right to come back and I am very glad I did. I have had to make a few adjustments, like BT and iTunes sync, but I have found solutions for each item. The help on here is great too!

FYI - I am still very much an Apple person. iPad3, wife and daughter both have iPhones, iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Apple TV and Apple router. At first I felt like I was cheating by buying, then actually liking the GS3, now I think that diversity is good. I even bought a new PC Ultrabook to add to my collection of tech and passed my Macbook Air to my (spoiled) daughter.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Pros:
4.8" Super Amoled HD 720P display.
Camera quality is second to none.
Jellybean update which includes Google Now looks really impressive!
App selection is decent.
Phone is snappy now, but wait till project butter!

CONS:
Touchwiz overlay on Android ICS isn't as polished as iOS.
The ICS, and Jellybean keyboards are excellent, but sadly aren't an option on the S3, and in my opinion none of the available options are good enough(Minor gripe)
Not user friendly with 1 handed use like the iPhone.

Overall it comes down to personal preference. I switched because I wanted a larger display on my smartphone, and Apple wasn't going to offer me that. Is the experience the same or better here with the SIII? Well it's close. I can do everything I was doing on my iPhone with the SIII It's going to come down to whether or not they mind having a substantially larger device or not. I've gotten used to the size of this, and did a lot of research, and knew what I was getting into before I made the switch. Hope that helps.

You can download the JB keyboard from the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tqworld

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I started out with the iPhone 3G, then went to the 4, then tried my hand at Android when I got fed up with Apple and the stranglehold it likes to maintain over its products and went with HTC Inspire and never looked back. Now I've got the Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier.

Pros:
- Customizing: Make YOUR phone look the way YOU want it to, not the way the manufacturer 'allows' you to.
- Flash
- Bigger screen
- Alternate app choices: There are so many possibilities out there that you can use with Android that cannot even be fathomed for iPhone users.
- You can do all of these things to your Android without the need to violate your ToS (iPhone Jailbreak).

Cons:
- IMO iPhone has the better stock email app. (I don't use gmail)
- iPhone can set sms tones for each user by default (no additional apps required)

The iPhone isn't a bad phone for some people; it just depends on what your wants and needs are. iPhones are great beginner smartphones. Android devices give better app control/choices/options. Some apps on the iPhone don't have the options that the same apps have on their Android versions.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I started out with the iPhone 3G, then went to the 4, then tried my hand at Android when I got fed up with Apple and the stranglehold it likes to maintain over its products and went with HTC Inspire and never looked back. Now I've got the Galaxy S3 and couldn't be happier.

Pros:
- Customizing: Make YOUR phone look the way YOU want it to, not the way the manufacturer 'allows' you to.
- Flash
- Bigger screen
- Alternate app choices: There are so many possibilities out there that you can use with Android that cannot even be fathomed for iPhone users.
- You can do all of these things to your Android without the need to violate your ToS (iPhone Jailbreak).

Cons:
- IMO iPhone has the better stock email app. (I don't use gmail)
- iPhone can set sms tones for each user by default (no additional apps required)

The iPhone isn't a bad phone for some people; it just depends on what your wants and needs are. iPhones are great beginner smartphones. Android devices give better app control/choices/options. Some apps on the iPhone don't have the options that the same apps have on their Android versions.

You can set a sms for each person also... Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you...... Thanks!!!

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Pros:
Bigger screen
Flexibility & Customization
More free apps
Open source
Faster processor
More RAM
Bigger battery - replaceable with lots of choices depending on need
Did I mention bigger screen!
Great looking device
Expandability with SD card option
Color choices!!! (New)

Cons:
Customer support - no Apple Care or Genius Bar. This IS A BIG DEAL if you are the type that needs to talk to an actual intelligent support person. If you can get by on forums like this or dealing with the gurus at the carrier then GS3 is fine
Bluetooth - GS3 cannot connect to 2 headsets. If AUX cable is plugged in BT headset won't work. S-Voice doesn't connect to BT headset mic.
USB - cannot connect to USB hub in vehicles to stream music and control music with the vehicle's stereo controls and song / artist info does not display since it won't stream via USB.
No iTunes Sync - Must create alternative work arounds for music/photo syncing (no iTunes auto sync) . There are several good work arounds though. I use iSyncr and it works great!

There is a learning curve coming to Android. For me the curve was all the flexibility that was at my finger tips. It really is cool how much you can tinker and make the phone your own versus a very sterile UI.

I tried Android a little over a year ago and went back to an iPhone when the 4S came out. I had the Droid Charge and it was very troublesome. When I saw the S3 I felt like the time was right to come back and I am very glad I did. I have had to make a few adjustments, like BT and iTunes sync, but I have found solutions for each item. The help on here is great too!

FYI - I am still very much an Apple person. iPad3, wife and daughter both have iPhones, iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Apple TV and Apple router. At first I felt like I was cheating by buying, then actually liking the GS3, now I think that diversity is good. I even bought a new PC Ultrabook to add to my collection of tech and passed my Macbook Air to my (spoiled) daughter.

I hope Samsung has a fix soon for some of these issues... Although I don't have any problems.. I heard of a few... But when ever flagship product hits... It has problem... Like iphone with the grip thing

Sent from my GS3....

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You can download the JB keyboard from the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I actually had one installed on my phone for 2 weeks or so but due to personal reasons, I disabled it. I was using Swiftkey3, but recently switched over to Swype, and have been amazed at how accurate it is especially with one handed use.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Customer support - no Apple Care or Genius Bar. This IS A BIG DEAL if you are the type that needs to talk to an actual intelligent support person. If you can get by on forums like this

The average forum guru is probably much more intelligent than the average "genius" at the genius bar. Same goes for the best buy "Geeks." The amount of misinformation I've heard those guys spread is disturbing.

Brandon

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The average forum guru is probably much more intelligent than the average "genius" at the genius bar. Same goes for the best buy "Geeks." The amount of misinformation I've heard those guys spread is disturbing.

Brandon

While this is true, the genius bar is quick to replace iPhones if there's any sort of issue with them. The average consumer sees this as a big plus because they see apple responding to issues very quickly and replacing defective phones.

Case in point, last summer I went to the beach, forgot my iPhone was in my pocket and went swimming. Phone was dead. Took it the apple store, explained the situation, they replaced it no questions asked with a "be more careful next time" *wink* *wink*

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
FAST, smooth experience
Choice, choice, choice

Cons:

That's it for now.

Pros:

Cons:

These guys pretty much said it all.

The ONE thing I am dissappointed about with my GS3 is it takes ty photos COMPARED to my iP4. No, ifs, ands or buts. I have been trying like hell to replicate the clarity of photos that I had with my iP4, it ain't happening. Perhaps using the digital zoom in the slightest capacity causes it to look.....less sharp. Waiting forever for the auto focus to hit the green "take picture now" state is very dissappointing. Pirctures aren't terrible, just not crisp and sharp. (and no, my lense is clean ;)

ghost0211

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
after kicking the can back n forth for sometime and ultimately getting fed up waiting on the iphone 5 i jumped shift and picked up a gs3. i was an iphone owner since the classic, i jailbroke every ios and hacked the hell out of it and i will say i was floored when i experienced ice cream sammy on gs3. im sold and never plan on returning to apple. now dont get me wrong, the appstore was awesome, better app support than google overall but googles open source makes the android operating system worth having (i dont even care to root). overall the iphone is a great beginners touch screen smart phone ill give it that, but for us techies who demand a versatile fun phone- the gs3 is where its at.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
after kicking the can back n forth for sometime and ultimately getting fed up waiting on the iphone 5 i jumped shift and picked up a gs3. i was an iphone owner since the classic, i jailbroke every ios and hacked the hell out of it and i will say i was floored when i experienced ice cream sammy on gs3. im sold and never plan on returning to apple. now dont get me wrong, the appstore was awesome, better app support than google overall but googles open source makes the android operating system worth having (i dont even care to root). overall the iphone is a great beginners touch screen smart phone ill give it that, but for us techies who demand a versatile fun phone- the gs3 is where its at.

Finally got a "wow" out of my wife tonight with regards to the GS3. She said "wow this like a computer"