09-14-2012 12:50 PM
59 123
tools
    My took a hard fall and a hard hit on the pavement but luckily my acase saved it not a scratch of crack on it good 4 ft drop would recommend it to anybody.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008DK...cUvbUpU2142871

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-08-2012 05:21 PM
    Nope, prob won't either.

Can't remember the last time I dropped a device.
    09-09-2012 11:36 PM
    No but my juggling has improved!

VZW SGS3 Tap a Talk
    09-10-2012 12:02 PM
    i thought id chime in with a story. i did drop my phone, but hopefully you guys can learn from it...

i was using my phone "naked" but would keep it in a soft sunglass case to minimal protect it from my pockets if dust was in there. I went to take it out of my pocket during a baseball game, it caught the edge of my pocket, slipped out of my hands (bad thing about this phone with the slippery design), fell screen first and spider cracked.

it ruined my night and i wanted to just go home and begin research on how to deal with this mess. i did NOT opt for insurance through AT&T. the screen's touch features and LCD was just fine, it appeared to be the glass coating. anyway I had to ultimately ship it to samsung to fix for $179. not bad considering if i did opt for insurance through AT&T, i would have still had to pay a $200 deductible and $10 a month on my bill. i need my electronics pristine so i wasn't going to deal with a cracked screen.

when my phone returned i bought a rock quicksand hardshell case. its thin and leave some exposure, but its grip is a legit sandpaper feeling, so taking it out of my pockets is better. if you go naked, just make sure to deathgrip your phones. don't want to deal with fixing it or shipping to samsung and waiting close to 20 days to get it back.
    Yeag3r likes this.
    09-12-2012 10:16 PM
    i hit my fiance with mine. my tyre-tread silicone case gives a satisfying sLAp

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-13-2012 10:46 PM
    Not droped it yet.Iam not using a case.With a case the whole phone just feels fat.And before buying a case for 20 euro i bought an insurance for 24euros pro year.So if it drops ...who cares ;-)
    09-14-2012 01:43 AM
    Mine is still scratch free thanks to my fitbag pouch
    09-14-2012 07:31 AM
    i thought id chime in with a story. i did drop my phone, but hopefully you guys can learn from it...

i was using my phone "naked" but would keep it in a soft sunglass case to minimal protect it from my pockets if dust was in there. I went to take it out of my pocket during a baseball game, it caught the edge of my pocket, slipped out of my hands (bad thing about this phone with the slippery design), fell screen first and spider cracked.

it ruined my night and i wanted to just go home and begin research on how to deal with this mess. i did NOT opt for insurance through AT&T. the screen's touch features and LCD was just fine, it appeared to be the glass coating. anyway I had to ultimately ship it to samsung to fix for $179. not bad considering if i did opt for insurance through AT&T, i would have still had to pay a $200 deductible and $10 a month on my bill. i need my electronics pristine so i wasn't going to deal with a cracked screen.

when my phone returned i bought a rock quicksand hardshell case. its thin and leave some exposure, but its grip is a legit sandpaper feeling, so taking it out of my pockets is better. if you go naked, just make sure to deathgrip your phones. don't want to deal with fixing it or shipping to samsung and waiting close to 20 days to get it back.
    Glad I'm not the only one Mine bounced out of my coveralls chest pocket yesterday and landed on the deck of my work truck, back to the ground, and spiderwebs. It still works, although during phone calls it thinks it's being held to my face and it's very hard to get the screen to stay on. (Aimed at direct sunlight, and quickly switching to speakerphone seems to work.) At any rate, I got mine last Sunday, and was planning on picking up a case today. I also didn't have the insurance, as I bought the phone from a different retailer than Bell Mobility, and I hadn't had a chance to get into a store and activate the insurance. I'm taking it in after work today to get fixed....to the tune of $329. It should take 20 minutes the store says. Tough lesson, but whatever....it is what it is, and this phone is pretty phenomenol in my book, so I'm fixing it......then going down to the store to get that insurance put on it....as currently they won't unless I bring in the phone for them to inspect it and make sure it isn't damaged first.

Edit: Paid the $329 and got it fixed yesterday. Now in a Defender Otterbox case, and have insurance now that it's fixed I found a good place in Calgary that did it in 20 minutes right in front of me. PM me if you need the business name. He's cheaper than the other guys.
    09-14-2012 07:43 AM
    I had my S3 for One day and dropped it three times!! Sitting in chair at home, it fell out of my pocket onto the floor with a nice satisfying crack. Almost lost my cookies righ there, but it was good...no scratches or anything. A few hours later, I drop it on the floor while grabbing it to put in my pocket. THEN, while at work, pulling my pants up after getting up from the flush, the phone flips out of my pocket and hits that dirty hard bathroom floor with another loud cracking sound. Thought for sure it broke, but alas, no it didn't. Not even a scratch. So, that's three times in one day...FIRST day. But since then, not once, thank God for that. But I learned something from this; I don't haphazzardly grab my phone anymore. When I reach for my phone now, be it in my pocket, the counter or whatever, I take my time and give it the gentleness it needs because I do not want to have to fix it because I'm not watching what I'm doing. I currently have a leather flipcover on mine as I put it in my pocket. I attached a link to what mine is like http://www.exportprive.com/18477-thi...age-brown-.jpg I have others that I use when I go out of Province (live in Canada)that will protect it better if dropped.
    09-14-2012 12:50 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD