Who else hasn't dropped they s3 yet?

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Get the Incipio two-piece case. It is slim, does not grab onto your pocket when you fish it out, and is very rugged. I had the Incipio for my Nexus, and when I was shown four case choices for the S3, I grabbed the Incipio right away. It is a great case. The cuts for ports and such on it are well placed and do not interfere, and the button covers are rugged and make the buttons feel like they will last longer than without a case (excluding the home button, which feels sturdier than the side buttons). It is also really easy to install/remove.

Reactions: KreepyKen

summerlin18

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I use to be a big fan of otterbox cases.But I can't stand the sideways holster for the S3.
The holster for the Nexus was a vertical holster but had a cheap plastic clip that held case in the holster mine broke in no time.The clip for that holster need to be on a spring loaded hidge instead of just a plastic tab that just flexes.
Otterbox does have great CS,, they sent me another one totally free a complete case and holster.I haven't even opened it tho its in my sock drawer still in the package box.

You know you can turn the clip of the defender to make the case vertical right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Get the Incipio two-piece case. It is slim, does not grab onto your pocket when you fish it out, and is very rugged. I had the Incipio for my Nexus, and when I was shown four case choices for the S3, I grabbed the Incipio right away. It is a great case. The cuts for ports and such on it are well placed and do not interfere, and the button covers are rugged and make the buttons feel like they will last longer than without a case (excluding the home button, which feels sturdier than the side buttons). It is also really easy to install/remove.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just looked up both the Seidio and the Incipio, and I think the Incipio case is much nicer looking and should offer protection for the inevitable "It flew right out of my hand" situation.

Thanks!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have dropped it on carpet but not on any other surface. I have an OB Defender so I don't have to worry as much about drops.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Haha mine is naked, I'm on my second s3 already and smashed the screen on this one 4 days after I got it. I'm horrible with dropping but hate bulky cases

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pcmacnerd

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't dropped mine yet either. But I did buy an Otterbox Commuter case. I find it not nearly as bulky as some of the other otterbox cases and still offers very good protection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

deleonx2

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, lol, yes, i was hoping i could say i hav'nt dropped my GSIII yet. I have had my phone twice now. Both times at work. I'm a manager at a Healthcare clinic and i have to answer my phone several times a day. Both times i dropped it,--- i had NO case on it. But it did ok. No problems, no scratches, works like a charm......however, i did buy an Otterbox defender series case now. JUST in case i do it again. This is a great phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You know you can turn the clip of the defender to make the case vertical right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

LoL Yup but then the slot portion is on the side.So the bottom of the holster is also on the side.I dont like it like that either .
If it was just like the nexus style only with the hinged clip that holds phone in holster I would have no complaints about it .
Thats all the nexus holster needed a hinged clip that holds phone in the holster , instead of a flexable plastic tab.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Never dropped a phone, including this one. I did buy a slim case for it a few weeks just to take some of the slickness off... so far so good...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
was getting out the car. You know the next part...

Forgot it was in my lap. Boom, falls 4 feet in to a pile of mud. Land on the back though. Wiped the mud off the back, turned it over. Not a scratch :D

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking about this (kind of). I hate screen protectors, they ALL feel weird and take away from the beauty of the glass, plus come on we have gorilla glass right? Also I am using a otter box commuter case on my S3 but when I think about it, I have never scratched a screen protector before ever, and I have never dropped my phone either (okay maybe on the couch but that is it). I am sure a lot of this has to do with the fact I am a big health nut, so... I don't get drunk or really drink ever. If I did I would probably use a defender series case lol.

I thought I would be slick though over this past weekend and took my phone out of the case and went to the mall, made me too nervous so I threw the case back on her.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have already dropped mine and cracked the screen. Fortunately I have the best buy insurance so they replaced it with no copay

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have already dropped mine and cracked the screen. Fortunately I have the best buy insurance so they replaced it with no copay

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!

The longer you go without dropping just increases the chance of a minor and sometimes catastrophic drop. Get a rugged case of some kind and forget about it.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21