From a perspective of number of antennas, battery drain, need for PRL updates, etc.

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!
    08-28-2012 08:55 PM
    I prefer GSM over any other tech.
    I think CDMA is obsolete. IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 (i9300)
    08-28-2012 08:57 PM
    From a perspective of number of antennas, battery drain, need for PRL updates, etc.

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!
    They're the same for LTE. Both can do simultaneous voice and data, both use the same technology, but using different frequencies. The only difference is the fallback data outside of 4g, and the fact that the verizon version uses CDMA for voice. Verizon is on track to deploy VoLTE though, so even CDMA won't be an issue soon.
    08-28-2012 09:06 PM
    They're the same for LTE. Both can do simultaneous voice and data, both use the same technology, but using different frequencies. The only difference is the fallback data outside of 4g, and the fact that the verizon version uses CDMA for voice. Verizon is on track to deploy VoLTE though, so even CDMA won't be an issue soon.
    Still much easier to swap phones on AT&T. :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    08-28-2012 09:30 PM

Swapping LTE devices on Verizon is as easy as swapping LTE devices on AT&T.

Just don't try to swap in an LTE device from another carrier.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    08-28-2012 09:46 PM
    Fun fact: when in an LTE area, Verizon would be faster at data during a call vs. AT&T. AT&T falls back to HSPA during a call- LTE isn't used simultaneously.

08-28-2012 09:48 PM
    Also any phone (3G or 4g) that is new can do simultaneous voice and data (pretty much)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-28-2012 09:48 PM
    I prefer GSM over any other tech.
    I think CDMA is obsolete. IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 (i9300)
    CDMA was always the better technology for connectivity quality and tower hand-offs. Look it up.

As for LTE devices, current deployment of LTE makes one of GSM's biggest pros irrelevant- swapping SIMs for unlocked devices. You can't get an unlocked LTE device to use on either AT&T or Verizon.

08-28-2012 09:50 PM

Ehh not really. LTE means you're stuck with AT&T phones only, just like Verizon.
    08-28-2012 09:58 PM
    Ehh not really. LTE means you're stuck with AT&T phones only, just like Verizon.
    It was the same way with 3g on att and t-mobile, they used different frequencies for their 3g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-28-2012 10:36 PM
    It was the same way with 3g on att and t-mobile, they used different frequencies for their 3g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    You can buy pentaband phones that support both.
    08-28-2012 10:42 PM
    You can buy pentaband phones that support both.
    And it'll matter less when T-Mobile upgrades their network, adding support for 3G at 1900 MHz.

08-28-2012 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD