RAM use with multiple home screens

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here, but I am itching to root and unlock. I am a procrastinator. I know as soon as Verizon sends out an update, I will be scrambling to root, because in all likely-hood they will close the ability to root/unlock the bootloader.

What is preventing you from doing it now?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
What is preventing you from doing it now?

Nothing really, just enjoying the phone as is. I will get bored with it soon. Then I will root and unlock and it will give me a "new phone" to explore and play around with.

As it is now the wife gives me the "Are you on that phone again" speech, as well as "You spend more time on that phone than with us". Imagine when I root!!!!.
;);););)

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Nothing really, just enjoying the phone as is. I will get bored with it soon. Then I will root and unlock and it will give me a "new phone" to explore and play around with.

As it is now the wife gives me the "Are you on that phone again" speech, as well as "You spend more time on that phone than with us". Imagine when I root!!!!.
;);););)

BTDT - I am very familiar with that speech haha

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

;);););)

I hear that too, along with - Are you on the computer again? :D

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
especially since women get that same cr@p from their husbands and partners. The only solution I've found is to get your Significant Other as addicted as you are.

Sfrrr

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can freeze TW launcher and it will not affect your phone. You just have to have another launcher installed and things will work fine. Unless you have a recovery backup though, I would not recommend uninstalling it because reinstalling core apps is rarely successful, however a recovery backup takes care of that issue.
lol one thing over past few days is "dont disable stock sms app. i could send but not recieve txts on Go Sms. thought everyone hated me lol. was about to ring my carrier before i had a brainwave :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

;);););)

oh man im feelin that mate ;)
my s3 gets played with more than my fiance :)
the irony is that she bought it for me lol..... il just buy her an erm... girl toy :p

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
So is this the same concept for using one Launcher, but with multiple homescreens? Say you're using the stock TW launcher, but you have your main homescreen setup, along with say 4 others setup. When you are on your main homescreen, do the widgets/apps on the secondary homescreens still run and affect performance/ram/battery life, compared to if you were just setup with a single homescreen?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So is this the same concept for using one Launcher, but with multiple homescreens? Say you're using the stock TW launcher, but you have your main homescreen setup, along with say 4 others setup. When you are on your main homescreen, do the widgets/apps on the secondary homescreens still run and affect performance/ram/battery life, compared to if you were just setup with a single homescreen?

I believe the widgets on the other screens are still using resources. For example, calendar would still sync, weather would still update, news, email, etc, all the same. Obviously, we want to use widgets to help us do the things we want with our phone, just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63