SMS says I have a new message, but I do not?

iPhonePFFFT

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Brett, for some time my email badge has been showing -1 when I have no unread emails (always 1 less than the actual number), this fixed it.

francy salas

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
its not gone :( i did what you said, i turned it off and back on, but its still there. when i press on the message icon, it goes to my message inbox, but its empty. but the message icon is still in the notification bar. and says new mssage. WTF :(:'(

Michelle Neale

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Brill Thanks - I have had my phone for 6 months and this has never happened before. I tried everything and by doing this was the only thing that worked. Dont be afraid it wont loose anything if you make sure you clear data from badge provider only. Thanks again.

Nicola Miller

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Brent! Badgeprovider thing worked after trying millions of other proposed solutions which nearly completely messed up my phone! But was driving me insane so was just about willing to try anything. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

joure

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I did the clear cache, a restart more than once, I end tasked the message app, and I sent and received new messages but this will still not help.... I have a Samsung Galaxy Y. Please help. This is driving me nuts...

ali_asif

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million Brent.
Your solution worked real fine ! It was so irritatibg to see msg notification but no msgs.

Really appreciate your help.
Cheers !!!

MirSH

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Just registered to tell people THIS WORKS! thanks a lot... plus this problem seems to be when the phone accidentally sends one of your texts back to your number and since your number is not a valid sender according to the Samsung messaging app it becomes invisible. Resending to your number will show that message and should be destroyed as soon as possible.

Nico_Logan

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
This worked like a charm for me! (I have the galaxy Victory) I was scared I'd lose info if I did this but tried anyways...once I reatarted the little '1' on my txt msg icon was gone!

PAIGE AMBER

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Message notification says i have 1 message but i do not

message notification thing says i have 1 message but i do not......i have tried clearing all data from badgeprovider and then resetiing but it does not work.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem hwhen I got my s3. The shop said it was a software problem and exchanged my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The problem may be that you had received 1 message in two parts so when you receive half it shows up on the screen and even on the next half But it shows you the same message. And you may be thinking that ůr g et ting message notification unnecessary.

Sent from my GSIII

Rajiv Ratnayake

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That was exactly what my problem was. I kept getting the notification despite clearing the badge provider data. Under 'Developer Settings', I had selected "Do not keep activities" & "limit background processes" set to something other than the standard amount. Which basically shuts off the app instantly as I exit without giving it enough time to reset the counter. Thank you very much!!!:D
Did you select "Do not keep activities" and limit background processes?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Macielle

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and did everything trick on this thread and no luck. Still the recurring empty sms, and no way to fix it. Any other tricks to fix this? using S4 on 4.2.2