12-13-2012 12:14 AM
51 123
tools
    No the S3 will stay in my pocket! The Note 2 is just far to big for my taste. Plus Iam still loving my S3!
    08-30-2012 12:42 PM
    If Verizon gets this, I'm all over it.
    08-30-2012 12:48 PM
    it really does look awesome. 5.5 inches is a bit much though. The galaxy s3. Is perfect for me in terms of size. I'm wondering how they managed to squeeze 3100 mah in this one and only 2100 mah on the s3. The s3 isn't that much smaller than the note.
    08-30-2012 01:27 PM
    Staying with my S3. I can't put a Note 2 in my front shirt pocket. I might pick up a Nexus 7 though.
    08-30-2012 01:27 PM
    Well I already have the Samsung galaxy S3 in white and I love it and I just got my hands on the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 in white and it is a great tablet along with the Google nexus 7 tablet which is also great for travel and if Sprint picks up the Samsung galaxy note 2, I will definitely get this in white as well.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    08-30-2012 02:10 PM
    Nope, not gonna switch. The GS3 has the largest screen I need on a phone, If I need bigger than that, I can use my iPad.
    XChrisX likes this.
    08-30-2012 02:13 PM
    I have friends who love the form factor, but to me the Note is so gross-looking. Will happily be keeping my Siii.
    08-30-2012 03:30 PM
    No Note II for me as I have the Note 10.1. I can wait for JB.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    08-30-2012 04:46 PM
    Nah the s3 already has everything I need SW wise and as for the HW, I can just overclock it to 1.6 ghz and buy an extended battery(which I didn't because the battery life is great for my usage) anyway, its a win win situation for you because whatever you decide on, you're still getting a good phone
    this would only make half sense.... if you have the north american s3, youll still be stuck with dual-cor
    if you have the global, youll get thesame cpu as the NOTE2 and can overclock but youll only have 1gb RAM and no LTE lol.

anyone lookin forward to running Quadrant and not bein the top dog lol??
    08-31-2012 09:52 AM
    Was wondering if I should update my Nexus? Have always wanted the original Note, though I fell in love with the Nexus. But now its got me wondering if I should move to Note II?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-31-2012 09:54 AM
    Too big....S3 is the perfect size and as much as I enjoy this phone I expect I'll be in line for the S4 and S5!!!
    08-31-2012 10:06 AM
    id expect the s4/5 to be bigger than s3 lol.
    when i got the s3 i thought it was too big and used to carry a *puke* galaxy europa lol but its amazing how ive got used to it in my pocket
    08-31-2012 10:29 AM
    I won't be, it's too little of an upgrade to justify getting a new phone, plus, I don't like the size of the Note. Personally think the s3 is perfect size.
    08-31-2012 01:00 PM
    I'm a self confessed phone ***** - nothing like opening up a new device.
    08-31-2012 02:26 PM
    good thread.
    I was not paying attention to the sex of the responders - don't see why the ladies would have an issue with size being too big. that is, if they purse it.

we have 2 SII's in the fam, no SIII's. I can see trading up to the Note II. I'm an old product manager in the high tech patch so I'm intrigued with this chess game the makers are all in, and very intrigued with the do or die situation Windows 8 brings - the devices already announced and the ones coming. Phablet is going to make an impact [more so...] especially with higher res capability + HDMI-out and assorted input devices for "docking". can easily replace notebooks.
    as can Note II

just reading lots of user reviews, there seems to be a bit more ecstatic enthusiasm for Note than for SIII.... both excellent products, I just think the "stunning" emotion is stronger for note and especially Note II, though we will see with time
    08-31-2012 05:03 PM
    Hardware wise it sounds great but for me it is way to large to use as a phone. I refuse to wear my phone in a holster on my belt and the note is a no go for anything short of cargo pants. I love gadgets but when the practicality becomes a factor i have to pass. My s3 is pushing the limits of what is acceptable to me as it is. If it had squared off corners or was thicker i probably would not be using one now. But if you don't mind the cellphone fanny pack or you happen to be Bigfoot's live child I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I dont have a GS3...but I feel the exact same way. I said the exact same thing at another forum and I got jumped on by a Note fan or something...lol. I compared it, my RAZR, a Bionic and an Inc 4G last week. The GS3 might be the absolute max I would go. I also feel the Inc 4G, 4" is too small now.

The Note and Note 2...I feel ppl like that its a tablet that can also make calls. I like the extra screen real estate...I have Netflix. But overall...the Note and Note 2 are too big for me. I am in a dying breed that actually puts the phone to their ear to make/receive calls. I do have a Blue tooth ear piece .....eventually I might have to break it out more if these phones keep getting bigger.
    08-31-2012 06:20 PM
    I'll get one hopefully if it's out when my contract gives me a new phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-31-2012 06:22 PM
    Haha I have considered trading in my s3 for the note 2 but it's too late in the month to be able to get the note, so if I do it will be outright price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2012 01:03 AM
    so what is the screen size difference between the s3 and the note 2?
    And when it's the note 2 supposed to be avail?
    Sent telepathically via my Galaxy Nexus
    09-01-2012 03:41 AM
    Its approx 1 3/4' larger, for me wanting one is the creativity aspect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    09-01-2012 12:02 PM
    S 2 owner by-passing the S3 waiting for real upgrades in the S4, I just don't see the note 2 fitting easily into my pants pocket. It's a square peg that doesn't fit the round hole. So if I had the S3 today, I wouldn't get the note2.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH-D710
    09-01-2012 01:21 PM
    I preordered my sIII from sprint having never seen it. When i placed the order, my only hesitation was the hope of the note or note 2 coming to sprint. If sprint gets the note 2, I will most likely give my sIII to the girlfriend and get the note 2. this time tho, I plan to get a look at it first and actually hold my sIII upto it before I buy it. Going from 4.7 to 5.5 inches doesn't seem like a huge jump in the size to me. I am more interested in the quad core processor as well as the possibility of the wolfson audio. My concern with the processor is going from 28 to 32nm. i'm hoping the battery life on the note 2 is comparable to the life I get on my s3. I also hope that the note 2 gets the dev support the s3 has been getting... lots to consider... am i the only one disappointed that they are using the 4412 mali400 instead of the 5250 mali602?
    09-10-2012 09:30 PM
    I'm planning on passing my S3 to my husband who just screwed up the screen on his Tbolt and I'm going for the Note II....I'll probably wait around and check out the HTC 5" offering and jump to one or the other. I've been dying for a Note since they came out....larger screen is what i'm aiming at.
    09-10-2012 11:01 PM
    The larger screen on the Note II is nice, but I think it's the stylus that I like most. Since the note 1, that form factor overall has been intriguing.
    09-11-2012 06:29 AM
    The larger screen on the Note II is nice, but I think it's the stylus that I like most. Since the note 1, that form factor overall has been intriguing.
    Hopefully they have on screen buttons so u can fully use the stylus unlike the note one where the stylus doesn't work on the capacative home,search,back,options buttons. The little narrower screen I think will be perfect. My only gripe about the original note Is I thought it is just a tad to wide. Plus 600mah more battery and 2gb ram its like a s3 on steroids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    09-11-2012 06:50 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD