Any SIII owners trading up for a Note II?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a big fan of the note, and it's size even as an Apple user. However by the time I had an upgrade available, the SIII debuted, and won me over. Now that the Note II has been announced I'm considering(Not guaranteed) selling my SIII for it. I love the SIII, and it does everything I want it to, but the Galaxy Note 2 just seems so awesome. Is there anyone else out there with an SIII that's considering the Note II, just curious. Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find any threads here.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hardware wise it sounds great but for me it is way to large to use as a phone. I refuse to wear my phone in a holster on my belt and the note is a no go for anything short of cargo pants. I love gadgets but when the practicality becomes a factor i have to pass. My s3 is pushing the limits of what is acceptable to me as it is. If it had squared off corners or was thicker i probably would not be using one now. But if you don't mind the cellphone fanny pack or you happen to be Bigfoot's live child I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I will keep my GS3, but if it comes to verizon. I will sell my wife's GS3 and get her a Note2 since she wanted the original Note so bad.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If it comes to Sprint I would seriously consider it! I read my school text books on my phone so the larger display would be great for that! I also watch movies and that would just be fantabulous!! :D

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Trading "up," not sure if that's right, but no. While the note 2 looks awesome, it is more of a phablet. The second is about as big as a piece of hardware is want I'm my pocket or in my hand for one handed operating. Think I am just getting a Tablet instead. I am sure there is a hungry market for those stylus yielding beast!

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I will be. I'll sell my s3 to a buddy so he can keep his unlimited and ill get the note.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i wont be...
  • extra bit of screen real estate which i don't need.
  • stylus which i don't care for
  • extra 0.2Ghz on the processor, not significant

besides, the note II has been redesigned to look so much like the S3 with a bigger screen. i think i'll just stay with the original; GSIII

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
as i use my s3 as my browser, media player at home because i dont have home broadband, id love one but id also need a small cheap android to carry around in my pocket so id be better off gettin a 3g tablet

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i wont be...
  • extra bit of screen real estate which i don't need.
  • stylus which i don't care for
  • extra 0.2Ghz on the processor, not significant

besides, the note II has been redesigned to look so much like the S3 with a bigger screen. i think i'll just stay with the original; GSIII

Larger battery?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sticking with my S3
It's still their flagship

Good point, I'm still trying to weight the pros, and cons here. I have an iPad w/LTE that I use quite frequently, and my SIII. Just really attracted to the size of the note, but agreed, the size might be too big for regular everyday use. Guess I'll wait, and see if it comes to AT&T first like the original note, and go from there.

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
If I could have both I would but if I could only have one it would be the S3.

as i use my s3 as my browser, media player at home because i dont have home broadband, id love one but id also need a small cheap android to carry around in my pocket so id be better off gettin a 3g tablet

Why not get a nexus 7 and just use the portable hotspot option on your S3? Works perfectly for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If I could have both I would but if I could only have one it would be the S3.

Why not get a nexus 7 and just use the portable hotspot option on your S3? Works perfectly for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ive thought about it mate but my netwoork/carrier would throttle me like they did to my fiance :(
im watchin the samsung unpacked event on youtube and Note II is a BEAST lol. quad core AND 2gb ram! wonder if therel be national variants or if theyl just keep LTE on all deviceps? the thing is HUGE btw lol. very thin though :)

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When/if it comes to Sprint, absolutely. It might not be the upgrade from the original Note that some people were hoping for, but for those of us who were never able to get it? It will be fantastic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
When/if it comes to Sprint, absolutely. It might not be the upgrade from the original Note that some people were hoping for, but for those of us who were never able to get it? It will be fantastic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

its a huge upgrade from the original one mate. check out the vid. better hardware and some really cool s-pen features. i actualy want one now lol instead of a tablet. plus it ships with JB

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice device and great hardware, but for me it's a bit too big to be an everyday phone. I think I'll wait until the Galaxy S4

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a nice device and great hardware, but for me it's a bit too big to be an everyday phone. I think I'll wait until the Galaxy S4

+1 too big for my taste. I'm actually shocked the phone sold well enough for them to make a second run with them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams