it does work well even with glasses on but why does it have to lock the screen? would be far better if there was an option to just make the screen go black and then come back on when you look at the phone again.
    is there an app for that?
    08-30-2012 06:00 AM
    Now if it would do that I would definitely use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-30-2012 06:28 AM
    it does work well even with glasses on but why does it have to lock the screen? would be far better if there was an option to just make the screen go black and then come back on when you look at the phone again.
    So anybody that looks at your phone can instantly unlock it? Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2012 06:42 AM
    I am not sure what you mean about smart stay locking your screen... The purpose of smart stay is for your phone to stay active on whatever screen/app is running if it senses your eyes/motion indicating you are still watching the device. Or are you referring to when you are done with whatever task you are on?

Mine does not shut off unless for some reason I am at an off angle.

When it DOES turn off, I am kinda glad it goes into my default screen lock/face lock security precaution.
    08-30-2012 11:09 AM
    Use screebl, it works with motion instead of the camera, so it will work in the dark As well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-30-2012 11:35 AM
    There is an app for smart stay for other phones. It actually uses the camera. I can't remember the name of it right now mate but I will be looking for it.
    08-30-2012 12:29 PM
    So anybody that looks at your phone can instantly unlock it? Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    no it should be an option with a time limit for how long the screen should be black before it locks. face detection should only turn the screen back on before its locked.
    to be clear, i want an option to use it to save battery (when i go to the toilet or somethin. not as a way of locking the phone.
    hope that made sense mate lol

and thanks for the suggestions peeps
    08-31-2012 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD