Browser (stock and Chrome) hangs at 90% when loading

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Using either the stock browser or Chrome on my Verizon GS3, the web browser works nice and quickly to open any links, but when it begins to load whatever page I want to view, it loads up to about 90% across the status bar, and just hangs there. I refresh, I kill the app and load it up again, I restart my phone, and I've even changed ROMs with full wipes in between attempts. It just... stops.

Does anybody else have this issue? My 4G connection is stable, I have plenty of bars in my mobile signal, but I can't find a way to resolve it at all. Sometimes it loads the page enough to read the content, but most of the time it's just a white browser screen.

dy5d5.png

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Using either the stock browser or Chrome on my Verizon GS3, the web browser works nice and quickly to open any links, but when it begins to load whatever page I want to view, it loads up to about 90% across the status bar, and just hangs there. I refresh, I kill the app and load it up again, I restart my phone, and I've even changed ROMs with full wipes in between attempts. It just... stops.

Does anybody else have this issue? My 4G connection is stable, I have plenty of bars in my mobile signal, but I can't find a way to resolve it at all. Sometimes it loads the page enough to read the content, but most of the time it's just a white browser screen.

Click to view quoted image

Does this happen when you are on WiFi? Very strange situation, what ROM?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
mega strange. have u tried more browsers?
checked your apn settings? (try removing proxy)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I forgot about this thread! It turns out that the problem only happens when I have a wireless tether app (like FoxFi) running. The browswer is fine when not tethering - I'm not sure what causes the problem, but at least I've found a workaround.

Android V279

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Installed ninesky browser. Better, not fixed. Much Faster and finishes loading, but still hanging at 90 for a a while even though the page is fully loaded on the screen. I have wifi tether, but it's not on. How would I changed the proxy settings? Any other ideas?

Last edited:

tase25

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, but only for certain websites.

I did a side by side comparison with my LG Optimus G, and half the time the Optimus G finishes loading faster. What is going on?

I've even tried it on different Wi-Fi networks (home and work).