Who here uses Swiftkey?

If you use it how do you have it set up? Rapid or precise?

When you select rapid the default space bar action is set to insert a prediction. I am having trouble getting used to that. Coming from the iPhone I am used to double tapping the space bar and it entering a period.
    08-31-2012 12:20 PM
    I'm using Swifykey. This has been my favorite keyboard for a long time. I have mine set to precise.
    08-31-2012 01:19 PM
    I use SwiftKey but on the "precise" setting.
    08-31-2012 01:28 PM
    Yep. SwiftKey on precise.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums
    08-31-2012 01:33 PM
    I use Swiftkey on Rapid and find it works awesome. Not sure I understand your comment about double tapping the spacebar. When I double tap the spacebar on mine it always makes a period. I think the setting is in the options on how to specifically handle double tapping the spacebar but I don't have my phone on to check at the moment. I'm nearly positive the setting is in there separately from the rapid/precision mode. On mine one tap inserts the prediction and a double tap the period.

Rev.
    08-31-2012 03:04 PM
    You can disable that in the settings. I dont like it to insert the predictions either.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    08-31-2012 03:08 PM
    Yep, you can change it to make a period when you double space instead of the prediction. I have mine on rapid and I like the predictions because it's usually right lol. Kinda creepy sometimes... :sly:

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch
    08-31-2012 03:16 PM
    I'm using Swifykey. This has been my favorite keyboard for a long time. I have mine set to precise.
    Since you're such a precise typist?
    08-31-2012 03:22 PM
    Swiftkey rapid, because I am queen of typos.

It's fun to just hit the spacebar repeatedly and see what it comes up with.
    GalaxyOnyxWitch likes this.
    08-31-2012 03:23 PM
    love me some swiftkey. rapid and double tap on the spacebar inserts a period on mine. i would have no punctuation if it werent for that.
    08-31-2012 03:49 PM
    Using precise here... Never tried rapid. Maybe I should.

EDIT: Forget that idea. I like my double-tap spacebar period too much.
    08-31-2012 04:12 PM
    If you go to settings you can have it set to rapid and then change the space bar function to complete current word. This will make the algorithm focus on typos and less on predictions but you can still double tap the space bar for a period.
    08-31-2012 05:21 PM
    Precise. I stay on top of my grammar!

Eventually with precise you'll be able to straight up type sentences with predictive text alone. Also I recommend changing the alternate-character-hold time to super fast.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    08-31-2012 05:22 PM
    I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive
    I mean Long-Press Duration. I have mine at 223.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    08-31-2012 05:24 PM
    Mine is set to 201. Closest i could get to 200
    08-31-2012 05:55 PM
    What's the difference in how precise and rapid modes work?
    09-01-2012 03:58 PM
    Precise:

The Precise typing style is optimized for careful typists, who often choose predictions.In Precise mode SwiftKey will attempt to guess whole words based on the first few letters you type.The Precise mode is intended to reduce the number of keystrokes when you type by predicting and/or completing each word.

Rapid:

The Rapid typing style is optimized for very fast typists who want to type quickly without checking predictions frequently.The main prediction in this mode will usually not predict words that are significantly longer than the characters youve entered.The correction algorithm in this mode will focus on typos, and provided you roughly get the character length and position of the letters right, SwiftKey X should work out what you are typing at lightning speed.
    09-01-2012 05:06 PM
    Swiftkey is on sale this weekend for labour day end of summer promo. Also with that is Beautiful Widgets.

I am really torn between Swiftkey (which I have just started to use a bit) I am kinda addicted to Thumb Keyboard because I hate having to try to reach across in landscape mode with my short thumbs. Feels too cramped in Portrait, but I will keep working with it. Give it a fair shot.
    09-01-2012 07:53 PM
    Another vote for SwiftKey on rapid. It is even better on my Note 10.1 with the split keyboard.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    09-02-2012 07:15 AM
    Who here uses Swiftkey?

If you use it how do you have it set up? Rapid or precise?

When you select rapid the default space bar action is set to insert a prediction. I am having trouble getting used to that. Coming from the iPhone I am used to double tapping the space bar and it entering a period.
    Coming from an iPhone myself, all I can say is download the Jellybean keyboard. None of the others like Swiftkey3, or Swype are quite the same. It's amazing how bad text prediction is on this phone. Don't even bother with acronyms, and you'll be fine.
    09-02-2012 01:26 PM
    I use rapid because I type like crap. Predictions are right on the money most of the time. Double space gets me a period, most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-02-2012 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD