Hi Folks,

My wife"s s3 is only 3 weeks old and so far she has been enjoying what it has to offer.

Today the screen has gone all purple,as has all the writing on the homescreen that is usually white.The phone itself is still receiving notifications but when you try to access the screen by swiping the screen goes blank.You then have to hit the power button and the screen reappears again and so it continues.She has rebooted it,the phone will also not turn off,the only way is to remove the battery.
    Some additional background info is that the device is kept in a good cover,she had never dropped or got the handset wet/moist of any sort.The phone was in her bag during her work shift and was like it when she got it out.

Any ideas would be appreciated or it"s insurance time,unless i need to reload the os,which to date i have never done on an android device.

Thanks Highlander
    08-31-2012 02:08 PM
    Can you get into the settings? Is there any functionality as far as touch response or menu dialogs?
    08-31-2012 02:12 PM
    Not even with the time trying to fix it if you have insurance man. I suggest you switch it out.
    08-31-2012 02:16 PM
    Hi because i cannot swipe i cannot access any functions through the setting,the only thing i can get up is by using the side buttons which brings up the power menu but i cannot access the menu through the screen as it is locked/inoperable.

Highlander97
    08-31-2012 02:38 PM
    Well, sounds like your phone went out to lunch
    08-31-2012 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD