02-16-2013 10:55 PM
30 12
tools
    So I bought this phone 2 days ago. Previous to this I had an LG Optimus, which I could get 2 days worth of battery before needing a charge. So I used that as a benchmark.

Arrive at work this morning and my battery is already in the high 80s, with it draining fast. Like 15% per hour. I decided to check the battery stats and showed that Android OS was using way too much CPU for the little time I used the phone.

I downloaded betterbatterystats to see what was happening. Enabled Power Saver feature with CPU throttling only.
    Started to read around and a lot of people were complaining about services like gtalk, facebook, etc. Deleted a lot of bloat services that are included with the stock rom. This seems to have done it.

The battery curve was going down hill pretty fast. Android System using 50%+ of the CPU. (this is relative to all other services).
    Now the battery isnt draining as fast as it was this morning, and CPU usage is starting to level out.

Ill give it a few days see how it works out. This morning this thing was eating 15% an hour. Now Its just doing about 5% an hour.
    im glad you understand that its "relative" mate... a percentage. ive read a lot of people on where who dont seem to grasp that lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-17-2012 04:18 PM
    Mine is running at 79% and I don't know what I should do. Someone please either comment to this or email me at btaylor74@gmail.com
    I'm new to this phone and I'm having a few little issues

thanks
    09-18-2012 06:49 AM
    So I Think I really fixed it this time.
    Well, seems like the problem came back. Earlier this morning Android System was up to 60%.
    Installed an app to digg deeper into what is using up so much cpu time.

There is a service called gsiff_daemon. This service was listed as the top user of CPU time. This service seems to be related to the gyroscope of the phone. No one knows for sure.
    There are a few threads on this forum and xda forums. Solution was to remove the file completely from the /system/bin folder (need root). No one has reported any issues with removing this file so far.

Remove the file, rebooted, Android System is now 9% !
    09-18-2012 09:35 AM
    what app did you use to find that out? my Android OS is using 30-40% for some reason
    02-16-2013 06:57 PM
    02-16-2013 10:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD