Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems a bit BS to me... unless they're trying to match iPhone standards since the new iPhone 5 is supposed to be 4" in size :-\

Rev.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the S3 Mini is a good idea... the whole point of the Android world is that people have choices.

Personally I like the 4.8" screen size... but I know a number of people who think it's too big for them. This isn't the Apple world... people should be able to choose a phone that suits their preferences.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If there's a market for it why shouldn't people have it?

Big screens aren't for everybody.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yuck anything 4.0"-5.5" is fine for me. 5.5+ aka Galaxy Note sizes are a bit big to use with one hand but they are still okay. I just would never want to use a 3.2"-3.5" display again though. It's just too small after using 4.0+. 4.8 is perfect for me. It's basically a 5" screen but I can use one hand and my thumb only to use the phone majority of the time.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yuck anything 4.0"-5.5" is fine for me. 5.5+ aka Galaxy Note sizes are a bit big to use with one hand but they are still okay. I just would never want to use a 3.2"-3.5" display again though. It's just too small after using 4.0+. 4.8 is perfect for me. It's basically a 5" screen but I can use one hand and my thumb only to use the phone majority of the time.

Right... so because YOU don't want a smaller phone... nobody else in the world should have the option to have a smaller phone. Gotcha! *rolleyes*

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
This would be great for my gf she loves my s3 but it's just too big for her hands I think she would enjoy a mini one. The size of the s3 is the only thing stopping her from buying it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the S3 Mini is a good idea... the whole point of the Android world is that people have choices.

Personally I like the 4.8" screen size... but I know a number of people who think it's too big for them. This isn't the Apple world... people should be able to choose a phone that suits their preferences.
I concur. Choice is cool.

My female co-worker said she doesn't like the S III because she can't put it in her clutch (lady's wallet). She bought an iPhone 4S and it fits perfectly. I believe if she had the option of a smaller unit, she would have gone with it and skipped the iPhone.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The more companies like Samsung do this, the longer the play store will have much less polished apps. When they have to redesign them for every new useless phone that comes out every 2 months from these guys they will never come close to iOS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
4.8" display on a phone is nice, but it's sad when anything smaller is now considered "low end", or "mid range". Not everyone wants a massive phone like the SIII, but people don't want to sacrifice specs on the smaller phones either.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The more companies like Samsung do this, the longer the play store will have much less polished apps. When they have to redesign them for every new useless phone that comes out every 2 months from these guys they will never come close to iOS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not necessarily... this is just a different screen size... not a completely new phone. They can keep the aspect ratio the same.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I can see a smaller, cheaper version selling well. You get most of the benefits of the S3 but at a lower price point. Also for people who think anything over 4" is too big this would work for them.

Sumpm

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife thought the 4" screen on her LG Marquee made the phone too big, and a 4.8" screen is ridiculous (though, I disagree). Same specs with a <4" screen size would probably make a lot of people very happy.