Taking pictures while shooting video.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I can shoot video at the highest resolution and take pictures. Interesting.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah the intnational one does it too... must be a carrier thing then.
interestrng....

The only way I see where it doesn't work is as someone else mentioned if you have the anti-shake option turned on. Otherwise the camera button is there while shooting video. Maybe the original poster had that anti-shake turned on?

Reactions: _OMEGA_

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Is this a limitation of the international Galaxy S3? I record at full resolution and can still take pictures at the same time.

i use the international galaxy S3 and it was an issue in the early days. unless the anti-shake was on by default out of the box, i'm pretty sure i didnt have it on. maybe the updates between then and now fixed that problem but it was definitely an issue.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The only way I see where it doesn't work is as someone else mentioned if you have the anti-shake option turned on. Otherwise the camera button is there while shooting video. Maybe the original poster had that anti-shake turned on?
theres an anti shake option lol? ive never bothered going thru the settings :)

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. As posted above I am now able to take pix during full resolution video IF the anti shake is off. Problem is my hands are not that steady and all my test photos looked like caca.

Oh well, at least the mystery is solved and I can always adjust my settings based on anticipated need.

Now what about the suposed voice command to trigger the shutter?????

_OMEGA_

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Correct, I just tried it and you need to have anti-shake off. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007