well screwed again

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well i guess i made another mistake by getting this phone so early. now with the ban we probably will never see any updates or improvements for this since it is being banned. oh well maybe it will be a rare phone and can sell for a premium down the road. looks like its going to be a apple blackberry world

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
well i guess i made another mistake by getting this phone so early. now with the ban we probably will never see any updates or improvements for this since it is being banned. oh well maybe it will be a rare phone and can sell for a premium down the road. looks like its going to be a apple blackberry world

I wouldn't go that far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been banned. Rulings need to be made. All of this is a corporate battle with no one having an idea now how it will play out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not even close to being over yet. Relax. We'll get Jelly Bean at the least, the hearing will be drawn out as long as possible, it's their flagship phone currently and they aren't just going to dump it after selling millions already. Especially if they want our continued business and support. Trial isn't even over and everyone's freaking out over nothing right now to be honest. That "trial" was a complete disaster and clearly biased, broke all kinds of legal rule and regulation, and just plain wrong in any legal standing. IF the verdict stands without them winning appeals or stays and those vague patents aren't rejected then you need to worry. Even then there's always "other" options. :cool:

Reactions: Jude526

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Also, the fact that the device is banned from sales wouldn't mean the huge amount of them already out there won't be supported. Not to mention Android is open source so apple can't do jack about it and they use code from it in their iOS. And if some prick wants to tell me I have to give up my S3, I got news for him :)

I think Samsung will come out ok

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

eb6.jpg

jcondon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
What ban

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Apple wants the courts to add the S3 and original Note to list of phones they are seeking a ban on since the trial.

Even if they do add it I suspect we will get updates removing the 3 of the 4 infringing (one has already been removed) features.

Swipe to unlock, universal search (already removed) and two other things I can't remember.

If anything I think we will be getting more updates (to remove or change things).

Link to the original story here.

Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note now targeted by Apple lawsuit | Android Central

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The S3 isn't part of the ruling from last week, it's a separate filing that Apple only made this year. As far as I know, this won't even go to trial before 2013 and by then a Galaxy S4 will be out.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Apple wants the courts to add the S3 and original Note to list of phones they are seeking a ban on since the trial.

Even if they do add it I suspect we will get updates removing the 3 of the 4 infringing (one has already been removed) features.

Swipe to unlock, universal search (already removed) and two other things I can't remember.

If anything I think we will be getting more updates (to remove or change things).

Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note now targeted by Apple lawsuit | Android Central

I know about it, just meaning that is isnt banned and wont be.

Universal search is already gone. Swipe to unlock doesn't count. The other 2 not sure about

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I hear they're going to drag us S3 owners into the streets in our sleep.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Even in the worst case scenario, by the time it would get banned it'll have jelly bean which should be good for a year. An if it doesn't get the update to the newest OS officially, xda developers will have it covered.

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I think what everybody is forgetting is that the trial Apple added the S3 and the Note too is not even scheduled for a hearing until 2014 by which time the S5 will probably be out :p

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You're absolutely right. I would get your S3 on eBay or Craig's list as soon as possible and hope you can find a sucker to purchase what I think is the best phone on the market today. I'm sure Samsung will go bankrupt soon enough and you'll have the last laugh. Then go into panic mode and purchase as many iPhones as you possibly can so that you will have an endless supply of what will potentially be the only phone allowed by the courts to be on the market. Do this quickly or your window of opportunity will close! Hurry! DO IT NOW!

Reactions: Gordo1603

Gordo1603

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You're absolutely right. I would get your S3 on eBay or Craig's list as soon as possible and hope you can find a sucker to purchase what I think is the best phone on the market today. I'm sure Samsung will go bankrupt soon enough and you'll have the last laugh. Then go into panic mode and purchase as many iPhones as you possibly can so that you will have an endless supply of what will potentially be the only phone allowed by the courts to be on the market. Do this quickly or your window of opportunity will close! Hurry! DO IT NOW!

Lol that was great!

GSIII on VZW

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note now targeted by Apple lawsuit | Android Central

Who was the first manufacture to put a swipe to unlock screen on their phone?

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow really. Do you really need that much attention?How do you come to a conclusion like that?

One thing is the S3 has not been banned and it won't be as easy to ban as some of the other phones. I don't think Apple will be lucky the second time. Samsung is ready to fight back so Apple may call quits, or if it does get banned (I personally doubt it) it probably will be overturned.

Just because a phone gets banned does not mean it loses support. Don't be start worrying already.

fourthchirpin

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
now that Samsung knows Apple is trying to take away all their phones. Samsungs next S4 will be clearly different so that Apple wont have anything to complain about. While the iphone5 comes out to be a bust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC