I downloaded Power Amp on the S3 and I have noticed that it stops playing if I get a few text messages. Even when my ringer is off and it is on silent. Also certain times songs will play but there will be a weird buzzing sound that comes interrupting playback.
    Is this a problem with Power Amp or the phone? Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?
    09-03-2012 09:29 AM
    I have been using PowerAmp now since I got the phone and I haven't experienced any issues that you speak of. Was listening to it the other day for about an hour and had multiple texts and emails come through on both loud and silent and didn't disrupt playback to the extent that your talking. Only interrupted playback when the sound was on for the notification.

Does it do the same thing with the stock music player?
    09-03-2012 10:09 AM
    I have been using power amp since I have had the phone and I and although I don't have the notification issue I have the buzzing issue when streaming music by Bluetooth to the car stereo I solved this by turning steroX all the way down in tone/Volume options hope this helps.
    09-03-2012 10:46 AM
    I downloaded Power Amp on the S3 and I have noticed that it stops playing if I get a few text messages. Even when my ringer is off and it is on silent. Also certain times songs will play but there will be a weird buzzing sound that comes interrupting playback.
    Is this a problem with Power Amp or the phone? Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?
    I have been using Poweramp for years and I have those issue as well. The tracks would randomly make a loud buzzing sound for a half a second than resume. It had never done this on my older phones. My stock music player does not do it either. I might have to use that for now until they fix this seemingly random bug.
    09-03-2012 10:59 AM
    I think there is a setting in Power Amp to disable the interruption of your music from a text. As for the buzzing sound, do you have your equalizer turned up at all? I was having this issue as well and read up on a forum that turning the equalizer above the mid point causes that. Since I tried that I no longer get that annoying buzzing sound.

I hope that helps.
    09-03-2012 02:38 PM
    I've been using PowerAmp for about 3 weeks now and haven't experienced any of these issues. Keep you guys posted though if that changes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    09-03-2012 02:43 PM
    no problems for me.the music pauses for a second when i get a txt then fades back in.
    for the intermitant buzzing, have a play around with the buffering settings in audio, advanced settings
    09-03-2012 08:03 PM
    I've had them.... When I get a call or text the music won't resume... I tap play over and over and.... Nothing.. I then press play on my other player.. Then stop it and go back to PA and it then works... It's been a headache

Sent from my GS3....
    09-04-2012 04:11 PM
    I had an issue with this when I got the unlocker somehow. I had thought it was because of my bluetooth car adapter (cheapy e-bay one for $10 that connects to my aux) but even plugged in the headphone out it did the same. I force stop, cleared data, deleted both then rebooted and reinstalled and I haven't noticed it since.
    09-04-2012 05:48 PM
    I have the same problem but not only with PowerAmp, I also use Stitcher and experienced the same issue.

I would have too kill the app and relaunch it before I am able to play any audio.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    09-04-2012 11:47 PM
    Uncheck the 1 I did and it will fix it for text messages.. I still have the issue for phone calls

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    09-05-2012 12:36 PM
    once you root it and flash anything other then stock it stops...
    09-07-2012 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD