Battery %

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I end up turning mine off; I was getting a bit OCD about how much of a charge was left.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I like knowing how much I have left. But I do find that I worry way more about battery life when it's on.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I like knowing how much I have left. But I do find that I worry way more about battery life when it's on.

I would never rely on just the battery gauge without the percentage. The gauge is waaay off. Most of the time when i'm down to 40% it would show almost 75% on the gauge. This gives a false sense of security.

Its also almost impossible to see how your battery life is doing. You can't say, " I get about 2% drain per hour, etc, etc" so when something does end up eating your battery you can't even tell its doing so what what rate.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I took mine off only because I bought Battery Notifier Pro before the % was included. Still use it as it gives me the temp and state of the battery. The percentage gives me peace of mind and doesn't drain the battery.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I turned off the percentage but showed the gsam persistent notification. It was really bad when it was charging and 100%, I had 3 different battery icons at the top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it's time to turn mine off like I was doing on my 4S. It'll let me know when it needs to be charged.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love the % icon! I wish I could have the % icon and just turn the batter icon it self off. All I wanna see is a number personally.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I love the % icon! I wish I could have the % icon and just turn the batter icon it self off. All I wanna see is a number personally.

exact same but cant find a non root way of doing it :( whats point in that stupid inacurate green rectangle lol? would like to change clock colour too and hide the signal bars but keep the internet indicator :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
exact same but cant find a non root way of doing it :( whats point in that stupid inacurate green rectangle lol? would like to change clock colour too and hide the signal bars but keep the internet indicator :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

All great ideas and welcome ones at that! Rooting is fun though.

This is why I used to LOVE the top bar in WebOS. You could do all most ANYTHING with it! Including colors, % and icons a like!

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I dont use the % it gives me the creeps constantly looking at the battery drain. I prefer team battery, its like the miui battery bar with more options. No root required!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles